Speed racer

By ZThirteen - 25/10/2009 10:08 - United States

Today, I got a speeding ticket. My speedometer got busted a few weeks back, rendering it useless. My father, a former mechanic, decided it's not worth the trouble of going in and fixing it. "Just keep with traffic when you're on the highway; you'll be fine." This $150 fee says otherwise. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 156
You deserved it 28 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for not getting it fixed, regardless what your father said.

What if you're the only car on the street, on a school zone?

Comments

wow. So... I guess if your doctor told you that lighting your hair on fire was good for you, you would do it?

This exact thing happened to me because of my piece of shit dad when he helped me get my first car... i understand where you're coming from

He doesn't sound like too much of a piece of shit if he helped you get your first car. Anyway, back on the topic, not quite sure how you broke your speedometer, but I'd say get it fixed, then use broken speedometer defense in court for the ticket. If it's fixed, they will probably drop it to a faulty equipment ticket (less $, no points, no effect on insurance, etc).

I should mention that you'll prolly only get such a plea bargain if you have a clean driving record and weren't driving too much over the speed.

maybe he said "you'd get a fine" not "you'd be fine"?

Jonathan33 0

the same thing is goin on with me. it helps when cops put up those speed reading boxes so you can see how fast ur going at a certain speed. but my cars older so it's expected for the cable to loosen up.

Your dad was right. If you're looking at the speedometer, you aren't looking at the road. If you've been driving for a while, you should know what each speed feels like without having to look at the speedometer. If you're young and just got your license, then sucks to be you.

bullshit it's not worth fixing. ydi. moron.

YDI. it is an offence to have a non functioning dashboard.

Hah lol.. My speedo dosnt allways work and fuckes up when ever its really cold..

If you can't have a good estimate on what speed you are going without a then you are a bad driver.

maybe u should take the ticket to ur dad because he "thought it wasn't worth fixing" then have him fix it haha