Sounds like a sitcom

By Anonymous - 08/02/2023 16:00

Today, I had to warn the decorator we hired to stop being inappropriate with my wife or I’d fire his ass. Turns out not only is he gay, like super gay with his husband on Facebook, he’s also my wife’s old college buddy. He started crying on our sofa and my wife hit me with her handbag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 418
You deserved it 1 679

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You might want to work on your insecurities. js

Or maybe you could’ve discussed your insecurities with your wife in private and then she could’ve explained the situation rather than you showing your whole ass here.

Comments

I guess your gaydar isn't that good. (And "Super gay"??)

You might want to work on your insecurities. js

That sounds like a top-notch subterfuge! You'll never see him coming. Until he does, and then it's too late.

Or maybe you could’ve discussed your insecurities with your wife in private and then she could’ve explained the situation rather than you showing your whole ass here.

Are all of you really cool with your SO flirting with other people as long as they're gay?

Well captain obvious… the whole point is that it is not flirting…

Sonotsuave 35

While I understand you may have felt justified at the time, it’s still not cool to be so unnecessarily confrontational and then make yourself look like a damn fool when you find out there was little justification for it. I’d work on profusely apologizing to him and your wife, and getting your actions right the next time around so this doesn’t happen again. YDI

So being inappropriate is okay as long as he is gay?

Different people have different lines for different people. Actions that are inappropriate for a stranger working in my home can be perfectly acceptable for an old friend. Conversely, a coworker touched me the same ways as my friends from high school and got the "Do Not Touch Me" speech. More importantly: His wife gets to draw the line of what's appropriate and not appropriate -- and don't give me that, "But then she could draw the line somewhere he wouldn't like" pout. That's a trust issue: If he can't trust her to draw the lines for her own body, then they have far worse problems than old friends.

It happens. Don't stress. Take the decorator out and apologize. Go to a nice place with not so many people. After the dinner take a walk through an empty park, where there is no one around and see what happens next.