So romantic

By XRP123 - 19/11/2022 02:00

Today, I finished negotiating my divorce with my ex-wife who is a lawyer. I spent more on legal fees than she has made from working in any of the last 5 years. It's hard for a lawyer to make so little in Canada, I'm glad that law degree, which I paid for, saved her so much money in legal fees. I hate all lawyers. Scum. FML
I agree, your life sucks 910
You deserved it 148

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey now. We’re not all bad, just…well, divorce lawyers are. But if you ever get in a car accident and need a lawyer for personal injury, you’ll be thanking that lawyer.

She shouldn’t have been allowed to work the case, it should have been someone else that is a third party.

Comments

Hey now. We’re not all bad, just…well, divorce lawyers are. But if you ever get in a car accident and need a lawyer for personal injury, you’ll be thanking that lawyer.

pfmarshallx 7

Moral of the story, if you’re a straight eligible modern man in the West don’t ever get married. Because marriage is the only contract where SHE literally gets rewarded for breaking it. Case in point

Why would you allow your soon to be ex-wife to be your lawyer? Nothing good could possibly come from that.

XRP123 11

She was not my lawyer. She made as little as $11K as a lawyer a few years ago(Kids were in school full time). But she had lots of time and energy to represent herself against me. So while she was incapable of making money for the family when we were married, she is very good at costing me a fortune during the divorce. The proverb a person who represents themself has a fool for a client was never more true. Divorce is way too emotional a subject to represent yourself. And in Canada, everything in the law is grey and so the only winners are lawyers.

She shouldn’t have been allowed to work the case, it should have been someone else that is a third party.

Nico97 3

@pfmarshallx true that. most women want a wedding not a marriage to work on. Don’t make yourself miserable lads.