Smoke 'em while you can

By OuttaNowhere81 - 15/05/2009 04:05 - United States

Today, I was smoking a cigarette in my backyard while my parents were out, because I'm not allowed to smoke. While smoking, my parents came home unexpectedly. In a rush, I flicked it over the fence, and it landed in my neighbor's hair. It was still lit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 625
You deserved it 73 888

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Millybug 0

That's what you get for smoking, nitwit. I hope you at least apologized to your poor neighbor.

YDI. I don't care if people smoke or not, just be responsible.

Comments

#71 I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but I honestly don't give a shit what harmful things you choose to do to your body. But when I can't walk down the street without having to inhale smoke, just because you've made retarded decision to start smoking, I get angry. There are a million better things people can do to comfort themselves or relieve their stress. Eat some chocolate or something. Since it's only placebo, surely you can find someone to convince you that chocolate is massively stress relieving. If you're gullible enough to think smoking is, it shouldn't be difficult. Or, here's an idea, try a different drug, one that doesn't affect everyone around you? There are lots of them that make you feel even better, try some LSD or ecstacy instead. Or if you reeeeally really love that nicotine, try chewing tobacco. More mouth cancer, less lung cancer! But also, a lot less harm to everyone else. I don't live in fear of chemicals, I have no need to. You, however, choose to let them control your life, and I think that's rather pathetic. Also, are you suggesting that all people who get cancer from smoking should just commit suicide? That would take a load off the healthcare system, so you just keep pushing that idea.

Well, as Bill Hicks once said about non-smokers: "The only reason I don't quit smoking is because I fear that if I did, I'd become one of you." I guess this thread is a demonstration of this. I'm generally a non-smoker but I don't adopt the self-righteous attitude of non-smokers because it won't help and in fact would likely ENCOURAGE smokers to smoke even more just to piss them off. But seriously, cigarette smoke smells. The OP had to know that his parents would eventually find out. I'm realistic enough to know that kids won't obey EVERY rule of the house but he should at least disobey the ones that won't get you caught so easily.

Your neighbor should be writing on here. How did you manage to aim like that? Out of the whole backyard...

suaveneanderthal 0
NoBounceNoPlay 0

Ahahahaha I'm sorry, but that's hilarious.

glockjaw 0

Lol #73, I do all of those drugs and am proud of it! (Minus chewing tobacco, thats just disgusting) I'm glad you get angry. Maybe you'll die of heart disease from all this anger. If only you had something you could turn to as a stress reliever. You should be glad cigarettes are around. With your ignorance, I'm sure someone has been pretty close to murdering you but held back because they had a cigarette. I don't believe we are letting these substances control our lives but rather we enhance our life experience with substances and create balance to deal with the constant douche baggery we face day in and day out ( People like you who think you're better than everyone else). And yes they are harmful but so is ******* soda and fast food. And just about every medication you see advertised on tv. But, you're just ignorant. I hope you die an ironic death that's meaningless. By the way I didn't say all people with cancer should commit suicide. I simply said it was an option that only they have. But you're use of logic is that of a 6 year old if you're going to make a generalization that I didn't make and lump it on me. Point in case, you're a judgmental asshole.

That's horrible! Next time respect your parents rules and smoke elsewhere. Plus, never ever throw away a lit cigerette it is a serious fire hazard!!!! Learn from this

#78... soda and fast food is NOT on the same level. Cigarette smoking is the number one preventable cause of premature death in the United States of America. OTHER people do not die because a person chooses to drink soda or heavily consume fast food. However, many people die due to second-hand smoke. Passive smoking causes the SAME problems as direct smoking. As for it being a stress reliever... that's such a poor excuse. There are so many other ways to relieve stress without harming other people. I hate cigarette smoking. My thing is, if you want to pollute your body and cut your life short, by all means go ahead... it becomes a problem with other people are placed in harms' way. I agree with the person who said smokers are weak-willed... most of them are. I think it's really foolish to even take up such a habit.

A lot of people here ride on high horses. Quit hating on people that smoke. Sorry to those who can't deal with smoke in the air. I forgot that it's only cigarette smoke that pollutes the air. =/

clicked YDI after the first sentence -_-;