Smoke 'em while you can

By OuttaNowhere81 - 15/05/2009 04:05 - United States

Today, I was smoking a cigarette in my backyard while my parents were out, because I'm not allowed to smoke. While smoking, my parents came home unexpectedly. In a rush, I flicked it over the fence, and it landed in my neighbor's hair. It was still lit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 625
You deserved it 73 888

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Millybug 0

That's what you get for smoking, nitwit. I hope you at least apologized to your poor neighbor.

YDI. I don't care if people smoke or not, just be responsible.

Comments

You're a dumbass and I'm guessing you're one of those underage morons who thinks he's a badass because he smokes.

gtdoll 0

"today, i was sitting in my backyard and suddenly a lit ciggarette landed on my head. I am now bald a have burn wounds on my head." more like FTL.

So today I was just standing in my yard, when my neighbor's little brat kid was smoking. His parents rushed home and he decided to flick it away. It landed right in my hair. It was still lit. FML Like it?

glockjaw 0

Really #54? and when exactly is the right time to die? You say 20 years and yet no one knows what a "full life" is supposed to be so just like everyone else on here you're blowing smoke. It may have caused more stress at the time but overall its a stress reliever. Idiot. And its already banned from restaurants, clubs etc. so I don't get why you're still bitching? If you don't want to smell cigarettes then do us all a favor and never leave your house. You're never gonna get cigarettes banned so get off of your soap box. There may be a ton of better ways to relieve stress but people are going to pick cigarettes. Hell, some people would pick heroin over jogging. But you know what? You can't change people's habits. Especially not by bitching about it on an FML post. On the other hand I CAN berate people like you for being ignorant to people's right to happiness on this FML post because I'm not trying to change people's habits. I'm just trying to educate the ignorant. and #48, I see you on all FML's taking the stupidest positions. Seriously, go away.

None of you would be yelling "respect your parents' rules!" if this was about something other than smoking. Any FML about someone throwing a party while their parents were out of town or sneaking out late at night to meet up with a secret lover would be just fine with you guys, but you anti-smokers will find any reason to make disparaging remarks on an FML like this. This is not an FML about cigarettes, it is an FML about burning somebody's head. Laugh about it and move on.

DeeJayD 0

#67: **** that. They're feeding you, clothing you, putting a roof over your head, the least you can do is to respect them and respect house rules. If they say you can't do something in the house, you don't ******* do it. Simple as. House parties are stupid anyway, inviting a bunch of random people over to your parent's house for a frat-style piss-up is a recipe for disaster. You have the potential of things getting broken or stolen, things that aren't yours. If you want to do that shit, wait until you have your own place.

#66 Can I just say that smoking is NOT a stress reliever, the only reason people who ALREADY smoke feel less stressed when they smoke is because it's relieving their nicotine addiction. Unless you are already addicted, smoking is not calming in any way other than as a placebo effect. And smoking greatly increases your chances of getting cancer and dying a long, drawn-out death full of suffering, which is more likely to be earlier than your death would be had you not smoked and gotten cancer.

Ok first, screw all of you people telling this guy to respect his house rules. I doubt any of you really respected every single rule your parents gave you. Second, why on earth would he be attempting to look cool by smoking alone in his backyard? It's not like there's a small country of attractive women living in his backyard that he wants to impress. Smoking is addictive so stop giving him shit for it.

glockjaw 0

#69, its not like the ONLY cause of stress is the nicotine itself. Who cares if its a placebo effect you ******* moron? The Placebo Effect is a very useful method in treating psychological problems. So yes, smoking is a stress reliever even if it is by the placebo effect. Some people need a little extra help. Is that such a crime? You can feel as high and mighty as you want for not smoking but people like me get to laugh at you because we understand that you're going to die, just like us. The difference is you waste your time with this holier than thou complex and we actually live life not in fear of some ******* chemicals. And there is a simple way to deal with dying a long drawn out death. Its called committing suicide. If you make the choice to start a life of smoking cigarettes. Then you AND ONLY YOU can deal with the consequences. What exactly are you trying to do #69 I wonder?