Slob off

By Anonymous - 16/05/2023 12:00

Today, my mother guilted me into going with her to have lunch with my eldest brother. He showed up having obviously not showered, with filthy clothes, and the stench of rotten teeth on his breath. She criticises me for every little thing, but makes excuses for him being a jobless slob for 20 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 825
You deserved it 90

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Time to cut them both out and go find some therapy?

It's being in your position but remember you only have one family. When you are ready have a talk with your mother about what's bothering you with how she treats you and try to find out what exactly is the cause.

Comments

Time to cut them both out and go find some therapy?

I honestly don't understand how you can suggest such a dramatic, drastic measure from 2 lines FML. Family is not something you cut out as a first solution in any sign of trouble

Actually, that is a common thing. When one brother becomes an unsuccessful person, the parent from one side gives up on trying to change him/her and on the other hand becoming very strict with the other kids to prevent it from happening again. Usually, a lot of self-blame is also involved. Sometimes talking about it in a nonjudgmental way helps. Something like look you were successful with me I grow up to be a good person, now you should learn to trust me. Maybe I'm not perfect but I know how to learn from my mistake and grow stronger.

It's being in your position but remember you only have one family. When you are ready have a talk with your mother about what's bothering you with how she treats you and try to find out what exactly is the cause.

agree obviously doesn't want you to end up like him ergo the criticizing, she probably doesn't realize how much she does it because she so used to doing it. have a calm talk with her n tell her that it's obvious that you're not gonna end up like him, so it's time for her to take a look at what she's doing to you and ease up on you.