Silver linings

By Anonymous - 17/04/2009 18:42 - United States

Spicy
Today, I went to the doctor and found out that I am infertile. When I called my boyfriend of 2 years, with whom I was hoping to have a future, to talk to him about it, all he said was, "So does this mean I don't have to wear a condom anymore?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 127
You deserved it 7 388

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He was pretty insensitive if he knew you wanted to have kids. Although the no condom thing is good news.

He's just looking on the positive side

Comments

Well you kind of should. Obviously they are different, but both situations where the person is in pain and questioning their future. Particularly if the infertile person was especially looking forward to the experience of childbirth. You should treat both with sympathy and empathy.

#94- So what exactly are you bringing to your relationship if your girlfriend is supposed to seek emotional support elsewhere? She can do better. You're absolutely wrong about your mythical inherent inability to be emotionally engaged. You should really stop using your gender as an excuse for your inadequacy. That's all you.

#95...please... If ur dick was shooting blanks and your gf said "go talk to your guy friends about your dick I don't have one". We have evolved since the 1930s (well most have) as a society. And if certain males chose to ignore that aspect in order to make there life a little easier by not making their loved one feel better then so be it! But men are just as capable of compassion and sympathy as women. Whether they have the "biological organs" or not!

Emotions do not come from the uterus. They come from the brain. If you have a brain, you are just as emotionally capable as all other human beings.

how is this an fml and also the term is sterile not infertile, what do you want him to say? he was just trying to make light of the situation

LOL!!! Dats a good one. He may have sounded insensitive and I may have waited a lil b4 making that point but he does have a point I guess and like someone else said, there are millions in America that you could still share your love with. Messed up situation but might as well make the most of it. Sorry to hear that.

jdb2009 0

"So does this mean I don't have to wear a condom anymore?" Well, depending on what mood you're in, it means non of us guys have to wear a condom with you! Sorry to hear that though. Oh, and FYL.

k1o2a3l4a5 0

well, at least you don't have to worry about accidental pregnancies... And you can always adopt? Doesn't sound too bad to me.. Sorry your boyfriend was insensetive. Not quite FML worthy, but still...

ZiggyMorrison 0

HOW THE **** ISNT THIS AN FML?!?! JESUS TITTY ******* CHRIST yeah hes looking on the brightside and depending on how he said it he could have been consoling you or being insensitive and a dumbass but speaking of insensitive how bout the ******* that said this isnt an fml you can all go **** yourselves