Secret

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - San Francisco

Today, I found out that my boyfriend of two years has a beautiful daughter. That's cool, except she's one year old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 021
You deserved it 2 884

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are you really together for 2 years, or almost 2 years? Don't forget that her mother also carried her for 9 months.

If his daughter is 1 year old, he could have conceived her before you were with him, assuming you've been together for almost 2 years. But either ways, it must've been a shock to learn of it! FYL OP

Comments

All these people wanting to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, he still lied! Regardless of when the child was conceived, he hasn't come forward to tell his gf and he has had ample time!

sammyjanette 17

FMLs where the woman possibly cheated never have comment sections that are s nice. She wouldn't have written the FML if it didn't mean he cheated on her. Let's say he didn't cheat. That means for their entire relationship the boyfriend didn't mention that he had a kid. The OP didn't have to meet the kid, but she should have been told about her existence.

No he didn't. i know women who wait to tell their guy that they have kids. Some guys think that kids are a deal breaker and some women do too. How do women expect men to be open and lay all their baggage on the table when y'all don't inform us of of y'all baggage until we marry y'all crazy asses?

MommyTesta 9

who says the guy even knew? females don't tell guys quite often, believe it or not. and maybe they didn't know for sure he was the dad at all up until this point. I had a few guy friends not find out they were a dad until the kid was a toddler. one didn't even know until his son turned twelve. twelve!!! so yeah, I'll defend him. cause I've seen it. op should do a follow up answering these questions.

You should clarify how long you've actually been with him and how many months the daughter is. If you've been together for exactly 2 years and that little girl just turned one then he cheated on you about 3 months into the relationship. But I'm guessing you been together a little over 2 years and the little girl is a little older then 12 months. I could be wrong but I won't know unless OP clarifies.

This is where I should say that you do realize that that means at the least she's been around for 1 year (after birth) and 9 months (Before birth). so if this baby is 1 year and 4 months old (16 months) it was conceived before you started dating him.

The baby really on has to be older than a year and three months...

she was pregnant 9 months and he's almost a year old add 3 months that makes 2 years...

Could she be like one and a half? Because many people would still consider that one, and she'd have been conceived two years and three months ago...

Well, when is her birthday, she may be about to make two plus you have 9 months that you have to carry a child so there's a good chance that he knocked her up at least 5 months before you guys even became a couple

How could it be hers in any way? I think she would remember being pregnant for nine months of her life and then the agonizing time spent during child-birth. Please never have children of your own.

You can't be serious, right? This is obviously a joke. Or joshi42 doesn't fully grasp English. Either way, it's pretty funny.

Maybe he had a fling guys do that it's cool

itcomesinthrees 10

They've been together 2 years > he has a 1 year old child with another woman > he had sex with another woman while dating OP > Cheating makes you a scumbag..