Secret

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - San Francisco

Today, I found out that my boyfriend of two years has a beautiful daughter. That's cool, except she's one year old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 021
You deserved it 2 884

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are you really together for 2 years, or almost 2 years? Don't forget that her mother also carried her for 9 months.

If his daughter is 1 year old, he could have conceived her before you were with him, assuming you've been together for almost 2 years. But either ways, it must've been a shock to learn of it! FYL OP

Comments

dmklake 14

I think everyone saying this guy is shady for not telling her need to also consider the following- 1) this child could have been conceived during a one night stand, or end of the relationship (farewell f***?) 2) the child being 1, can equate to anywhere in he 12 mo- 23 mo time frame... Add 9 mo to that and this relationship is 25 mo according to OP 3) maybe he is interested in making this relationship more serious if he is introducing her to his child.... Just because SOME people chose to introduce every Tom, Dick & Harry (or in this case, Amy, Sarah & Jane) to his kid doesn't make him a loser.... Perhaps he was being decent in not having his child around his relationship until he knew where it was going...

These are all great points. A child that young doesn't need to be introduced to every new fling until you know it will last, so unless the kid lives mostly with the father or he lives with his girlfriend, it is easy to keep them separated. Maybe he didn't even know about the kid until he was in this relationship, if she was conceived right before he broke up with the mom, and he didn't know how to break it to his new girlfriend.

As many have said, the kid is in the womb almost a year before it plops out. The child might have been conceived right before he got together with you. And since "she is one years old" refers to the whole period between a child turning 1 to the day before it turns 2, she might be 1 year and 10 months. Many would call that being one year old, and it would mean she could have been conceived as early as 6 months before you two got together. So he might have split up with the other girl before any of you knew she was pregnant. Or it was a one night stand and they either didn't use protection, or it failed (even condoms can do that).

Hold the phone. Babies don't come out immediately after they're conceived? This changes literally everything!

The daughter could possibly be like 1 year and 11 months plus the 9 months carriage so the most it could be is 2 years 8 months.

Time to dump his ass for someone more worthwhile.

condor216 15

How does that make him a scum bag? He doesn't deserve to be kicked to the curb for that. It could always be worse.

58: For cheating on his girlfriend with someone he got pregnant and didn't talk to for at least a year and 9 months?

These comments are making me mad like yes development is 9 months, but that's still 3 months unaccounted for. Even if she did round to 2 years that means that the other woman was pregnant while they were together and he did not inform her

She said baby was on year old. One year covers between 12-23 months old. That's a large span. Plus 9 months. It really depends how old the child is. If the baby is only 12 months old, then yes he probably cheated. But if the baby is 18 months old, he didn't.

Ianamis 6

It also matters when they became exclusive. That varies.

Ianamis 6

As everyone said at least nine months of development doing the math of just one year old plus nine months means you were four months in. Now we must know if it is one year and so many months if it is 4 or higher or I even say 3,because it also matters when you two became exclusive to one another than no he did not cheat on you.