Secret

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - San Francisco

Today, I found out that my boyfriend of two years has a beautiful daughter. That's cool, except she's one year old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 021
You deserved it 2 884

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are you really together for 2 years, or almost 2 years? Don't forget that her mother also carried her for 9 months.

If his daughter is 1 year old, he could have conceived her before you were with him, assuming you've been together for almost 2 years. But either ways, it must've been a shock to learn of it! FYL OP

Comments

Either way, the baby was being carried as they were in a relationship, unless the baby is 1 year and x months old.

Just because she's 1 doesn't mean he conceived her exactly a year ago. She could be 1year and 6 months and then the mother would have carried her for 9 months so that's longer then 2 years. Ask when her birthday is.

Don't jump to a conclusion so fast. Talk to him first and get the complete story. then decide whether to stay in the relationship or leave.

Oh_bother44 11

If they were rounding up to 2 years (like if it was almost 2 years) and rounding down to a year it's possible the there wasn't any cheating involved... We don't know all the details....

do the math again..you will know if your bf cheating on you...

Even if the baby was conceived before they were together, how does your bf not tell you he has a child on the way and then born. Unless he just found out too. I feel like this really needs a follow up.

If he had a "one night stand" with someone (without using protection, purposely) then I'd say he's probably irresponsible in other aspects of his life as well. Find out the child's exact age and measure that against when you actually got together...then, if he had a fling or it's been an ongoing thing with the other woman...kick him to the curb...he needs to be a father to his child..not make even more with you, that he could bail on.

Um she could've been conceived right before you got together. Don't be so quick to assume that he cheated on you.