Sad sad sad

By Anonymous - 09/09/2015 00:03

Today, I caught two kids passing notes to each other in my class, so I told them to see me afterwards. When one of the kids eventually came up, I noticed he was crying. He looked up at me and sobbed out, "I was trying to make my first friend!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 010
You deserved it 7 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ManBearPig44 11

Ah, it's not your fault OP, there's no way you could've known.

NopaDo 17

Didn't realize you had Casper the friendly ghost in schools, but honestly I feel bad for the kid :c

Comments

Hey guys, OP here! Just wanted to clarify a few things. First, I teach 8th grade students (not the seniors I saw some of you guys wondering about). This is my first year teaching, so having this event take place on one of the first few days of school shocked me quite a bit, but I knew things at least similar to this might happen, since I was a teacher aid for a few years. After my student starting crying, I decided to tell him that there were other ways to make friends outside of class, whether it be during lunch or in a club. However, I did tell him that passing notes, no matter what cause, is unacceptable, and I let him go with just that warning. Other than this, though, the school year has started off spectacularly!

TallMist 32

Shhh.... You hear that? ...it's the sound of my heart breaking.

mwali02 32

How old are these kids??! Cut them some slack! This was so sad!!! :(

You couldn't have known, OP. Teach them that making friends is awesome, but that it gets even more awesome when they do it during break. School is a great place for making friends but during class, there are rules that they have to follow.

This is what kids HATE school, you shouldn't have said anything till it was so distracting the entire class wasn't paying attention to you, if it's just the two let them be!

middlenamefrank 8

If I recall correctly from that age, getting into trouble with someone else was one of the very best ways to make friends with them.

i would of just told him that you just were warning him cause other kids cant get away with that. or you could of told him to do that in free time in class or after class like in the hallway.