Red flag

By Anonymous - 15/01/2014 18:25 - Italy - Pistoia

Today, I found out that the generous gift from my boyfriend of a new iPhone was only given so he could use the "Find my phone" function to make sure I'm always where I say I am each day. I'm being stalked by my own boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 182
You deserved it 8 942

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Be cautious, as my ex tried that same thing on me. His reasoning for it turned out to be because he was cheating on me, and wanted to make sure I wasn't doing the same! (I wasn't) Enjoy though!

My parents do this. It sucks. Just turn off location services.

Comments

When he asks, never tell him where you are. Just tell him to look it up.

Sorry OP! That's awful to have to deal with that. I hope the next guy is better.

JMichael 25

Someone's very trusting aren't they.

People saying 'have you cheated before?' are missing a major point. The FML of this is that OP has a jealous, insecure boyfriend who is all-to-willing to invade her privacy. Even if she has cheated, he has no right to do that.

The bad news: You're soon to be single. The good news: Free iPhone.

RedPillSucks 31

Free iPhone. Turn off location services, or get a new iCloud account for the location services.

InnocentMalice 12

My ex was like that... maybe worse. But a relationship is about trust and love. Talk to him about his bad behavior!

I just would give the phone back to him and have a serious conversation. If it doesn't work out then get out now before things progress in a manner in which you end up on the news. You deserve someone who trusts you enough to let you live your life knowing you aren't going anywhere or doing anything wrong.

Quiet_one 22

This is exactly what I was thinking. Talk to him to find out why he feels he can't trust you, and seriously consider ending the relationship if he doesn't recognize how awful and controlling this is. Even if he did have a reason to distrust you, in a healthy relationship he would talk to you about it before he resorted to stalking behaviors.