People suck

By why - 02/05/2016 20:08 - United States - Beachwood

Today, the family I was serving had ordered calamari and when I brought out the food, they started yelling at me because apparently their daughter was allergic to it. Just why would you order it then? FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 030
You deserved it 892

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They probably thought that if they could make the manager believe that, they wouldn't have to pay for their food and maybe they'd even get another free meal for their "suffering". Unlikely that the daughter was even allergic. Yes, some people suck.

Some people should not be allowed to reproduce. They are just too dumb.

Comments

Why? If you're allergic to peanuts you don't order a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

DiscordianLife 5

This happens more than you'd think op, people do it to try and get free food, or more food off you. I've had a customer look me in the eyes and say they didn't want fries with their order. Only for them to complain after i delivered their food that it didn't have fries. Hell another waitress watched a lady kill a fly (Country restaurant it happens) and watched her put it in her food just so she could get more food and not pay.

yellowzinnias 20

I once watched a woman at the next table pull a hair from her own head, put it on her plate, and then complain to our mutual server. They were going to comp her entire meal until I found the manager and told him what I saw. Then they realized that the customer was blonde, the hair on her plate was blonde, and all of the kitchen and serving staff had black hair (family-owned Mexican restaurant). People are awful.

I could vouch this would happen most in Ohio sadly..

redlizzybeth 25

I have to wonder if they knew what was in the dish. Sorry you had to deal with that! My manager had a rule that if a customer ate more than 3-4 bites then he wasn't refunding anything unless there was a flaw with the food (like one customer had eaten the sides to find out that the middle of their chicken was not completely cooked- They were given a new meal for free and not charged, that customer actually had it boxed because the bite of undercooked chicken made them not want anything else.) People who do this free food crap are why I don't want to work in a restaurant ever again. I am in school now to get away from this crap.

I think 7 meant that she would've asked them why they ordered the calamari if they knew that their daughter is allergic.

"I don't like pistachio!" "THEN WHY DID YOU ASK FOR IT?"

or got the wrong order, idk why waitresses are ashamed to admit it

Oh no, people are dumb, inconsiderate, and will do anything for free food.

I have a shellfish allergy so I wouldn't eat calamari cuz it's considered a mollusk but I also wouldn't order it at a restaurant. Or if I am with someone who orders shellfish I don't sit next to them and let the waiter know that I have the allergy. Some people will do anything for free stuff though.

Guessing they were trying to get a free meal from the place. Sucks you had to deal with that, hope the rest of your day was better,