My 21st birthday

By Anonymous - 10/01/2020 14:00

Today, my parents took me to a bar to celebrate my 21st birthday. They brought my little brother, but when the bouncer wouldn't allow him in, they made me wait outside with him while they went in for drinks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 242
You deserved it 535

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fatboy007 9

Now you go on a crazy adventure and almost lose your baby brother trying to make it to the party this totally dreamy guy you like is supposed to be at.

You're never to old to be shanghai'ed into being your parents' no-cost babysitter.

Comments

If the little brother is old enough that they thought he might be allowed in a bar (~18-20), then he's old enough to leave at home. If he's too young to reasonably expect he might get in, they shouldn't have brought him in the first place. Either way, bringing the little brother was a mistake.

Use your parents for money only now..

Why not go to a bar/restaurant where a minor would be allowed. I know some bars allow minors in when accompanied, but under 21 gets booted at 9 in most spots. Screw them. Go out with friends or even solo and suck down the free birthday drinks.

Mungolikecandy 19

Why would they take your underage brother to a bar? It seems more they were desperate for a drink than to celebrate your birthday,

I can't believe you deprived your little brother of his very own Home Alone 2-style adventure!

Meh not the worst 21st birthday story I've heard. My dad got drunk BEFORE mine even started. He tripped down a set of stairs as we came out of the restaraunt and smashed his face into the ground. He was bleeding and had a concussion; yet still went to the bar with my siblings and me. The entire night we were at the bar you could hear my brother saying "dad blood" and my dad saying sorry as he dabbed his face of the blood from his wounds. And unfortunately for me he was also my ride home (due to my eyesight I can't drive at night and I lived with him at the time so....yeah)