Misunderstood

By fuck - 18/03/2015 17:40 - Netherlands

Spicy
Today, I went to the store to buy some condoms. I couldn't find them anywhere, so I nervously asked a staff member for help. She scowled, pointed at the shelf directly behind me, and told me to, "Get a life. Or better pick-up lines." I'll never live down the snickers from the other customers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 751
You deserved it 4 095

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Please, don't flatter yourself" *picks up the condoms, pays for them, and leaves*. Hey don't let them get to you. You're the one that was getting some that night not them :P don't let her comment ruin your good night and don't let a comment like that demolish your confidence.

giantsfan2010 23

She sounds like the one who needs to get laid!

Comments

giantsfan2010 23

She sounds like the one who needs to get laid!

Who is she to judge though? It's not like she found the cure for cancer or anything.. She's the one selling the condoms :|

giantsfan2010 23

Well she thought OP was hitting on her because he asked where the condoms were. She sounds very conceited

legally, she cant judge or refuse you when you wanna buy condoms

She can't legally refuse to sell them the item, but she can judge all she wants. We aren't living inside The Giver.

Alup132 22

Or Equilibrium... The giver is a basically a copy of a copy. 1984 came first, equilibrium copied it, then the fiver copied it.

1984 wasn't first brave new world was well before it and there was liked more before that so get your facts right

My older sister used to work part time at a pharmacy store, when she first started getting jobs, and guys used to be really creepy and suggestive when they would ask for the condoms. Even though it's not like this at some stores, this girl may have had a bad experience with other customers and took on a defensive position by instinct.

What does The Giver have to do with 1984?

#72, the books are similar but Orwell focuses more on the dystopian point of view in 1984 while Lowry focuses more on the utopian point of view in The Giver.

71, unfortunately, it is always customer service. No matter what, if you are the slightest rude to a customer, you can be fired on the spot if the customer (op), filed a complaint. As long as the customer was within their means of course, if they attempt anything towards you others in the store, by all means, throw their ass out, had to do that a few times only when necessary for the safety of the other customers. I had customers throw change at me, drool on change, and throw tantrums over pennies (when they were used), but I always kept a smile and stayed polite, no matter how hard it was (unless stated above). And that lead me to having the same job for 6 years before I moved to a hunting store for 3 before it closed, now in the contracting field. Employees having a bad day is not an excuse, nor is past bad experiences. All in all, if an employee of any establishment is rude, file a report, or speak to the owner/ manager and they will be dealt with accordingly.

People with bad pickup lines ruin it for all of us

I think the point of this fml was that it wasn't a pickup line

im pretty sure #2s point was that some dudes use the shitty pick up lines which ruin everday life for people like OP. thats what i read anyhow

Steffi3 40

So let them laugh. Atleast you get to use them

"Oh, you thought I wanted to use these with *you* ?"

TCRII 29

Next time, ask for the family planning section.

Condoms are the exact opposite of family planning...

actually condoms usually are in the "family planning" section, at least where i'm from. that's the euphemistic name for the "sex stuff" aisle.

SalenaCrosse 16

I'm surprised she has a job still with an attitude like that...

SalenaCrosse 16

Oh god...you are probably right, I have heard about so many bitchy managers recently -_-

Don't managers get some kind of performance review?

Should have told her "Sorry, got better things to do, hence the condoms"

Fusion_Fear 14

"If I were buying these to use with you, I'd also be buying a paper bag."

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

That doesn't give her a reason to be an arrogant bitch.

Of course not but still if they were literally right behind her that's just what her point of view seems like, even though her response was bitchy.

"Please, don't flatter yourself" *picks up the condoms, pays for them, and leaves*. Hey don't let them get to you. You're the one that was getting some that night not them :P don't let her comment ruin your good night and don't let a comment like that demolish your confidence.

Not to mention he was doing the right thing, safe sex is a must ^__^

ShadowlessSpear 21

should of just told her, and embarrassed her

Should have* "Should of" makes no sense, much like your comment