Life imitates life

By Anonymous - 20/08/2015 17:48 - United Kingdom - Glenrothes

Today, my boss bitched me out for violating workplace privacy, after he found an FML post from last year that eerily resembled a situation that happened the same year. He thought I posted it and twisted things to make him look like an idiot. I've never posted here in my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 152
You deserved it 2 579

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AGhost5445 25

I have a feeling if he reads this he's going to believe you even less

Comments

"i've never posted here in my life", until now. *face palm*

koganti 18

So... After being accused of violating work privacy by poring on here and making your boss look dumb... You violate work privacy by posting on here and make your boss look dumb for not noticing the date the first FML was posted... As others have said... There's a really good chance you're fired if he reads this... Good luck.

Legally, he hasn't violated any kind of work place privacy. OP is anonymous and therefore unknown to the readers of FML. Therefore, we don't know where his workplace is, or who his boss is. It could easily be anyone. There would have been a problem if he mentioned any particular workplace. So OP's boss would have a really hard time proving to any reasonable person that OP violated any kind of privacy.

corky1992 33

Why do you keep saying he didn't violate anything when the post clearly states that it is against their work policy? It doesn't matter if you don't use the company name or not. They can still fire you for it. It has happened to several people before.

It does not clearly say that it's against their policy. It says the OP was bitched out for violating "workplace privacy" which is not the same thing. A policy would be something written by the company and signed by the OP. What the boss is going on about is the idea that what happens at work stays at work. Basically the boss would have been just as pissed if they found out that the OP went home and complained about the situation to their significant other.

corky1992 33

And your first thought was to immediately post on here with the chance of him seeing this???

"Today, my boss bitched me out for violating workplace privacy after he found an FML post from this year that eerily resembled a situation that happened this year. He thought I posted it and twisted things to make him look like an idiot. I'm now unemployed. FML"

Irony aside, I still think it's pretty funny. Plus how's his boss to prove it was him anyway? I don't think he legally can do anything about it as long as OP remains "Anonymous. "

corky1992 33

Eh he could. His boss gets on this site and it'd be too big of a coincidence if he sees this post soon..now if it were weeks or months later then yeah probably not. Especially if there was someone else who witnessed the boss talking to his employee about this it could still possibly end up in termination.

aredvulpix 23

I'm waiting for the boss to comment on this.