By arknvl - 07/03/2013 18:12 - Norway - Trondheim

Today, my boss yelled at me for visiting Facebook on my work computer. He says that since I can't be trusted, I'll be supervised from now on. I was uploading pictures to the company's Facebook page, which I have to do once a week as part of my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 181
You deserved it 2 695

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tjv3 10

I bet your boss and mine are related

Yeah! How dare you do your job, OP! Shame on you!

Comments

tjv3 10

I bet your boss and mine are related

Aren't everyone's terrible bosses related?

No, but they all have to go to bad management conventions together, so they're well networked.

24 - must be seagull management conventions

41- My belief is that because people who are smart enough to question the intelligence of the higher authorities actions or opinions, or the moral implications that often come with such positions, are just too hard to be manipulated by their superiors.

It's almost as bad when your boss yells at you/writes you up while you're doing research for a job, via the internet. At the same time, your boss is Skyping, for hours on end, which is not work related at all. Most bosses have a power trip and take it out on their employees. Sorry you have to deal with that, OP.

My boss isn't so bad, but she has ninja like qualities... And when you least expect it, boom she's behind you. Stupid ninja bosses.

#43 You're so on point its epic! Corporate America, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Nobody knows what seagull management is?

2- Why should they have to go home after work and do more work just because their boss is an idiot.

shinychic_96 7

Why should you have to go hone, get I your phone, and be an a$*? It's just an idea.

iLike2Teabag 27

You been smokin' the reefer, lady?

He wasn't being an ass. He was saying that op shouldn't have to go home and do more work just because their boss is an idiot. You are kind of acting like an ass.

shinychic_96 7

Yeah and I was saying that he shouldn't be criticized for a suggestion Maybe use some f***ing common sense

shinychic_96 7

I agree that he shouldn't have to work at home but he shouldn't have people f**king criticize his suggestion, so the a$$hole gets praised for it, and one person gets to feel stupid just for offering something.

Yeah! How dare you do your job, OP! Shame on you!

Sounds like your boss and my boss should go bowling.

Surely your boss assigned you that job. If so just remind him. If not, you got trolled into updating an unofficial company page

Well since your boss doesn't know what your job is, you could do what you want and still get paid. Or at least that part of the job.

Judging by previous FMLs I'm starting to think most bosses are just incompetent idiots trying to convince themselves they are better prepared than their employees.

They're all trying to follow the example of a certain Pointy-Haired Boss...

ummm... who would that be 15? I have no idea of whom you are referring.

Heh, sorry... I was referring to the Pointy-Haired Boss from the Dilbert comic-strip, known for basically being the worst, most idiotic boss ever.

dontpanic_fml 32

Since its not 1998 you can count on the younger generation not getting that ;)

Dunno abkut you, but my newspaper still runs Dilbert. And Pointy-Hair boss is still very him.

dontpanic_fml 32

It's not the cultural fad it once was; at any rate I prefer Mr. Burns as the benchmark of bad bosses

I would try explaining it to him, maybe he will understand

Don't question your boss's choices. Hiring you was one of them.

Id question my boss's choices if i got in trouble for doing part of my job

I bet tyrannical governments love people like you.

Hey Kevsandy. Theres this really nice place called Aninal Farm. I think you'll enjoy yourself. All hail Comrade Napoleon!