Landlords gonna landlord

By katurday - 03/11/2009 15:59 - United States

Today, my landlord came over while I wasn't home. My friend and her pets were thrown out by her husband. I'm the only person she knows in this state and she begged me to stay. I reluctantly told her fine; just don't answer the door. She did, with the animals, and told him she was living here. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 482
You deserved it 6 459

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perfectwinds 0

Wow... That sucks! I'd kick her ass out and try and kiss your landlord's ass.

blland 0

now do you know why she got dumped?

Comments

noluck84 0

i had to read this 3 times to get what the hell you were talking about

worldjudge 0

what a fkn moron I'd kick her in the face

noshitsherlock 0

Your friend is a total ******* idiot. You should kick her the **** out too!

To the people saying it is poorly written, the fact that you cannot understand english isn't exactly the fault of the OP. I can understand it just fine. Then again, I'm not 12.

It isn't that it is hard to understand, it's that the wording is very poor. And if you can't see that, then you must have the writing skills of a 12 year old.

Are you calling yourself an idiot kid, or the OP?

This is poorly written, end of story. When you have to guess why it's an FML, it's poorly written. The fact that your damaged brain finds it logical doesn't change anything.

Probably only kids who are still at home and have never had a rental agreement would have trouble figuring out why this is an FML. It's pretty straight forward...

It's still poorly written. Your post is irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant. You said it's poorly written because people have to guess why it's an FML. I pointed out only children who haven't lived on their own would not find this self-explanatory, and even then you'd have to be a bit slow. Clearly you have trouble seeing obvious links if you can't see the relevance of my post or the OPs problem. This isn't really anyone elses problem sorry. One day you're going to move out of home and be in for a shock when your realise you have to be responsible for your own short comings.

First off, there's no debating the fact that it's badly worded. Second, she seems to have just written down whatever popped into her head without being overly concerned about conveying the information in a sensible way; we're left to guess at exactly what happened here. It was obviously bad that her retarded bitch of a friend told the landlord that she lived there with a shitload of cats, but why? No pets allowed? No bitches allowed? What? It's not all that hard to connect the dots, but it's still written by someone with a tenuous grasp of the English language (her mother tongue). Actually, it's not explicitly stated that she got in trouble with the landlord, there is a remote chance that it could be something else. Crappy writing, end of story. Your posts were, and are, irrelevant. You'll also be happy to know that I moved out the Autumn after graduating from high school. No great shocks yet, at least not any that would be relevant here. Maybe because I have the brains not to do stupid shit like this? Of course, I've never been homeless after moving out of my parents' house; that would probably make life more shocking. Still, I yet again fail to see the relevance.

You can't just say "there's no debating the fact" and make that true. It's worded fine which is the reason it got through the moderators and that the majority of the people in this thread get exactly what happened. A tenuous grasp on the English language? Ignoring the fact you're just assuming it's her first language, would you care to point out exactly what part of her FML is grammatically incorrect or awkward? FMLs have a word limit and are quite often left with ambiguous endings. Although this is hardly that ambiguous anyway; her friend announced to the landlords face that she was breaking her tenancy agreement after being told not to even answer the door. A tenancy agreement states how many people can live in the house and generally whether or not pets are allowed. Honestly, this isn't a very difficult concept and hardly a matter of connecting the dots. Stop embarrassing yourself by repeating that you didn't get it straight away like everyone else so it must be "badly worded".

If you have taken any higher level English course at any university, you would know that the wording of this FML is very poor. It doesn't have to be hard to understand to be poorly worded. It isn't a grammar issue. The wording is just awkward.

Thank you GreenHacker, my point exactly. Twinkle my dear, where do I "keep repeating" I didn't understand it? Her friend told her landlord she lived there. This was apparently bad. We get it, ok? My point is that not only is the story unclear as to exactly why this was bad, it's jumbled and awkward. By the way, my tenancy contract does not state the exact number of people who can live here, nor does it forbid house guests. It does say that I can't keep pets unless I clear it with the landlord, but it wouldn't exactly be a major crisis if something like this happened. There's no universal standard for these contracts, you know... Oh, and I'm assuming her first language is English because she's from Wisconsin. Weird, right? There are numerous grammatical errors in the text as well, but I don't really care; this is the internet, I've come to expect it. Just for fun, I'll let you try to find them yourself, should keep you occupied for a while.

smileysmiley 0

Today, my friend dared me to eat a veggie burger covered with ketchup and mustard, both of which I am apparently allergic to. Not only did I throw up all over my now ex-boyfriend, but it was actually a hamburger, causing me to end my 12 year streak of being a vegitarian. FML