It's not what you think

By Anonymous - 12/07/2014 01:36 - United States - Coeur D Alene

Spicy
Today, I went on a date and ate in the park. When I crossed my legs under the table, I scraped my knee and got a lot of splinters in it. When I got back home and started digging out the splinters, my dad furiously demanded to know why I'd been on my knees during the date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 641
You deserved it 4 829

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FrancesShiver 20

Well at least he wants to protect you...?

iLike2Teabag 27

To be fair, if I were the dad, I wood want to make sure the guy isn't a prick.

Comments

blazerman_fml 17

Picking up something you dropped?Proposing?Begging him to love you forever and ever?So many endless possibilities that don't involve sex.You could just tell him what actually happened though.Good luck.

I love how two of the possibilities you gave are just as bad as having had sex too young.

Dad was wondering why she did not want to use some proper toothpaste at home

You should tell him exactly this: 'dad I'm a grown up young lady you really don't trust that you have raised me well enough to know what I've been doing on a date?! Anyways I was going to tell you how I'd gotten these but now that I know how little you think of me I don't think I want to so good night dad I'm going to bed now!!'

Yes, storming away in an angry fit of rage is definitely the best way to show the father how mature and trustworthy she is.

No one suggested that you say it in a fit of rage just calmly and assuredly say it then again calmly walk of to bed with a disappointed and hurt look on your face.

Why would he bother asking you if, in his mind, he already knows what you were doing? Just tell him the truth and don't try hard to convince him, otherwise it really will sound like you're lying.

Epikouros 31

Just reassure him you didn't do anything that could get you pregnant. That should stop him worrying, right?

That's just rotten luck, OP. Congrats on your grounding? I cant imagine he would believe you

Well? Tell him why you were on your knees, im sure he wants to know ;)

Is he really dumb enough to believe that she'd kneel on wood to do what he thought she did? Even without getting splinters that would be fairly painful to kneel on for a period of time.

That's easy to explain and your boyfriend can defend it...