I wanna be oppressed so hard

By HatedAndFearedForExisting - 26/03/2023 10:00 - United States

Today, for the 50,000th time, I was told that something I said was offensive and triggering to my LGBTQ+-friendly Discord server mod, who frequently tells me that, as a "cis hetero Christian male", I don't know what I'm talking about. I was trying to be supportive of everyone, but I was wrong because *I* said it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 872
You deserved it 356

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A group of LGBTQ+ people is just as likely as any other group of people to be toxic. It sounds like this one definitely is. Even if what you said was offensive, failing indication that you were malicious, they should have given you the courtesy of explaining why instead of a blanket “no, you’re wrong”.

As a gay person. Get outta there. The alphabet mafia is insane.

Comments

As a gay person. Get outta there. The alphabet mafia is insane.

A group of LGBTQ+ people is just as likely as any other group of people to be toxic. It sounds like this one definitely is. Even if what you said was offensive, failing indication that you were malicious, they should have given you the courtesy of explaining why instead of a blanket “no, you’re wrong”.

A circlejerk is a circlejerk. Doesn’t matter who it is. If they’re disregarding what you say because you’re a straight, cisgender Christian man, clearly that is not a group you should belong to, and if it takes more than three hints to that effect, you clearly are a glutton for punishment.

when I'm told I offended someone my response is always you made the choice to be offended. I'm not walking on eggshells cuz of woke bullshit ideology

ODBeefalo 10

the mod at least is a hateful/angry person... they exist in all groups and often make the group as a whole look bad. I would guess they pull that shit with other member who are lgbtq+ for not being LGBTQ+ enough in their eyes...

Similar situation. If it wasn't for one channel on the Discord server I'm involved in where politics and ideology are (with a few related situations) unimportant, I'd bail on the server completely. It does sorta prove their point when one of them went after me for similar reasons - it just proved they are just like everyone else, after all.