By bad boss - 03/04/2018 01:30

Today, I had to reprimand an employee for her bad attitude and terrible work performance. She went to HR and said I harassed her for being gay. Guess who they believed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 870
You deserved it 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Doesn't surprise me. Make sure you documented all instances of her poor attitude as proof for why you reprimanded her. Cover your ass from the false discrimination allegations. It is becoming more common place for people to do such things.

Hellblazer_Sith 25

Sadly nowadays you need proof to back you up. Sounds like something that would happen in my old workplace.

Comments

Doesn't surprise me. Make sure you documented all instances of her poor attitude as proof for why you reprimanded her. Cover your ass from the false discrimination allegations. It is becoming more common place for people to do such things.

Donut_Wizard 23

Maybe next time you’ll think twice before taking their shrimp fried rice.

Or maybe instead of demeaning her sexual orientation, why not make fun of something we can all get behind: her urine-stained K-Mart panties?

I love guessing games! Here are my entries: 1) The guy who dumped 3 girls via text. 2) The person who wiped their ass with a Clorox wipe. 3) Steve Harvey What do I win?

Hellblazer_Sith 25

Sadly nowadays you need proof to back you up. Sounds like something that would happen in my old workplace.

How did you not need proof for this kind of thing ever?

Zekfen 17

Should have told them you couldn’t have been harassing her bc you identify as gender non-binary.

CrazyTrainWreck 19

Yes how dare you harass her for being happy. (Before any of you flip your shit I was making a joke, involves the use of the old dictionary meaning of gay)

freckledfox06 18

Situations like this need to be filmed. Make all parties aware the camera is rolling and have documented instances where protocols were breached.

The problem is not the reprimanding but the reason why. How do you want to record the bad attitude and terrible work performance by video? There should be enough to proof it anyways. If not then she's right to complain.

Hmmmmm raise a grievence against the whole situation and ask proof. This shit of using sexual orientation is getting too much

Y’all know that people of all races, genders, sexualities, etc., etc. pull this crap, right? I know several “cis white males” that were absolute shit at their jobs and made all sorts of terrible allegations against their employers when action was taken against them. HR took their allegations seriously and investigated them too. It’s kinda HR’s job...

onceuponatime456 16

HR has become a joke! They are usually social justice warriors who think they are important! It used to takes years in a company to work in the Personnel Department (HR) but now all it takes is a paper mill diploma and no experience! Most HR people are ******* useless!

I'm guessing the employee since you said that she was a bad worker, but I'm not 100% sure.