I'll get right on it, chief

By F U mil - 12/08/2020 23:05

Today, my mother-in-law called me selfish, lazy and a bad mother for giving my kids chores, like picking up toys and shoes. When we got married, my husband didn’t even know how to load a dishwasher or run a load of laundry. According to her, a "real mother" waits on her family hand and foot. Yeah, OK. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 156
You deserved it 241

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like a proud old fashion MIL who proudly spoiled her son. You do you. Let her whine all she wants.

genuinegoodguy 9

Oh. Dear. Me. I think you do very well not to punch her smack in her stupid face. Well done you.

Comments

Sounds like a proud old fashion MIL who proudly spoiled her son. You do you. Let her whine all she wants.

genuinegoodguy 9

Oh. Dear. Me. I think you do very well not to punch her smack in her stupid face. Well done you.

lifeis4me 20

If she’s so worried about it, she can do the chores when she wants to come over and whine

Yeah that’s a no for me. I have a step daughter and she doesn’t even empty out her own bath water. Her grandmother and mother have spoiled her rotten. Also she expects me to pick up after her 24/7 while I’m due to give birth tomorrow and am having contractions !!!

bl3ur0z3 17

My daughter cooked dinner tonight. And by my daughter cooked dinner, I mean I told her every step six times and didn't have the things I needed when I needed them (bacon not cut up, eggs not cracked, oven not on, etc.) and dinner took me 3x longer with her help. Teaching kids to be independent is harder than doing things for them. Sounds like she's the lazy one.

one of the best things my parents did is teach me from a young age how to prepare meals, clean and generally know how to take care of myself. just make sure your mil doesn't teach your kids what a ''real mother'' should be.

Sady_Ct 37

Tell her to STFU until she has finished raising her own kids properly, starting with your lazy incompetent husband.

Does your husband have a single sister?

Sonotsuave 35

Wow you would think it would be the opposite, that she’d call you those things if you didn’t give your family chores. That doesn’t make any sense

doing chores as a child has been linked to success in adulthood.