Hello little dude

By Anonymous - 19/05/2012 22:54 - United States

Today, I was about to get in the shower, when I felt an odd itch in my navel. I saw what I thought was bellybutton lint, so I pulled on it, and quickly realized what I had between my fingers was a still-squirming, headless tick. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 567
You deserved it 2 861

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you realize....... The head's still in there somewhere, and it will re-grow its body eventually.

Comments

This just made my belly button itch. >_

I've had 2 ticks, 2 different times before, one when I was at camp, on my thigh, and didn't know about it for a week, so had to go to the ER to get it out. The 2nd one was on my neck, my dad used a lighter and it came out.

Easier than the lighter. Baby oil on the end of a Q-tip rubbed counter clock ways around the tick will make it back right out. Head and all. Believe it or not it works. It smothers the tick.

I'm sure it would, and that would probably be safer, no chance of catching your hair on fire!

I had one in my hair once and my dad used his cigarette to burn it off. His remarkable aim managed to avoid all of my hair

There are no words to describe my disgust

That's gross, thank god your already taking a shower

reddudeover 2

I feel your pain op, but that's actually the BEST hole in your body that you would want to find something like this.

I agree with that. I would want to find a tick in any other holes on my body. *shudders*

MerrikBarbarian 9

I have... Rotten little suckers hurt when they take a hunk of flesh with them in more uh sensitive areas shall we say.

It didn't. The tick was in OP's belly button.

Crownsroyal11 1
MissNat87 5

Yeah, he had BELLYBUTTON lint up his nose.

U must go to the hospital right away... Im serious it will grow its body and lay eggs and can clog some blood vessel idk what it is exactly but fereal u should get it checked out!!! Stressing the importance because it can kill you

After I read most of the comments and then come up to yours, I facepalmed so hard, it shattered the heavens.

MerrikBarbarian 9

Oh dear god... I thought the other comments were dumb! Laughing so hard now. I want to bring all these "a single tick bite will kill you go to the er" people to the Canadian prairies where right now you can't go outside without getting several on you and watch them have a heart attack. I've been bitten hundreds of times over the years. I got Lyme once, however the tick was bitten in for quite some time before I found it as it was on my back side. To transmit Lyme or other tick disease a tick must be bitten in at least 24 hours. However... They can not regrow bodies from just a head, the egg laying end is the end op removed so no they won't lay eggs in op (that's cockroaches which when decapitated will survive several days to lay eggs). They can get a nasty skin infection or tick borne disease from bacteria in the head if they can't get it out.., but yeah, it's rather unlikely to kill you.

bethanyjk 0

ticks freak me the **** out.. i hate them