Hello little dude

By Anonymous - 19/05/2012 22:54 - United States

Today, I was about to get in the shower, when I felt an odd itch in my navel. I saw what I thought was bellybutton lint, so I pulled on it, and quickly realized what I had between my fingers was a still-squirming, headless tick. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 564
You deserved it 2 861

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you realize....... The head's still in there somewhere, and it will re-grow its body eventually.

Comments

This wouldn't have happened If you had an outie.

Your profile picture goes perfect with your comment.

If it had been feeding (which it probably was) then take a wild guess lol.

They burry their heads under the skin to suuuuckkkk yourrr bloooooddddd. Seriously, though. If the body detaches it will regrow.

Wrong. If you pull the head off a tick, it is dead and therefore cannot "grow its body back". The only problem with leaving the head in is that it can result in a nasty infection.

Wow 20, are you going to post that on every single comment??

Girlybanana 2

Then Yaen will be right there to contradict her every time.

mhopper 13

Seriously 20, no one cares!

Omg 20, every time I see a comment by you it has more thumbs down than your previous comment did. Get the hint.

MerrikBarbarian 9

I'm just sitting back and laughing at the stupid myths people believe. Sadder still is according to her profile she's in Canada... If she set one foot outside the city ever she'd know what a tick on a person looks like. Better yet, visit the prairies and enjoy our nice tick population boom. You can't go outside without getting at least 5 on you and even if you strip search you still find one bitten in later.

They cannot "regrow" their bodies! Just admit that you are not the all-knowing tick expert. The reason that getting the head out is so important is that disease and infection may occur. Also, the tick (head) continues to burrow deeper into it's host for a time before it becomes unable to function. Sort-of like how a chicken can run around briefly after getting decapitated.

Sounds like you really needed that shower.

That's ferrel!!! You poor thing make sure you find the head cause ticks can grow their bodies back

What the hell does ferrel mean? And no, as previously stated (multiple times), ticks can not grow their bodies back.

bchelle11 0

Ticks can NOT grow their bodies back. But you should find the head Bc it could give u a staph infection. Or limes disease...or rocky mountain fever.

I'm getting some serious déjà-vu. This is like the fourth time I'm having to read this argument.

DarkHelmet 10

You might want to start educating yourself on Lyme disease OP

Laura1804 2

Yep I have Lyme disease, start getting treated

MerrikBarbarian 9

I love the fact I can guess who is in Canada and who is in the USA from comments about Lyme. Ticks have to be bitten in at least 24 hours to transmit Lyme disease. Unless you go to the doc with a Lyme rash they won't treat you here. We'd run out of antibiotics if they treated everyone who got bit by a tick.

something like that would definitely tick me off

If u light a match, and then blow it out and immediately stick the match to the tick, it will loosen itself and pop out

Next time u find a nasty lil bug*er stuck in you, rub it vigoresly in circles and it will pop right out, i did that for my dog when she had a big ugly one on her neck and it TOTALLY worked!!!!

Tweezers are safer, there is a chance that the tick vomits if you apply too much pressure/use fire/ to its body. And if the tick carries the disease, well then I have bad news for you! I've also heard that the eggs may follow in with the vomit and disease, so please use tweezers for your own safety :)

MerrikBarbarian 9

Uhhh did you remove the tick or just pop the body? Seriously, grasp firmly as close to the head as you can and pull. We deal with tons here in the prairies. Also... Egg laying through mouth? Vomiting? Oh good lord. *facepalm* do you think humans have a baby in their tummy and barf it out? Eggs come out the other end. Also, ticks won't barf no matter how hard you squeeze them. You can however as op did detach the head inside you which can cause a bacterial infection if you grab the back of the body vs close to the head... But seriously where the hell do these ideas come from?

You can also put vaseline on the tick too because they breathe through their backside.

#130 ticks doesn't have other ends...

MerrikBarbarian 9

Pretty sure there is more to a tick them just the head... Try googling tick anatomy and you will understand ticks have both a genital groove and apparatus which is used to reproduce.... All creatures live birth or lay eggs out the back end via the genitals- ticks included. Try learn some basic biology. Next you'll be telling me all chicken eggs can hatch if you just leave them alone and keep them warm.:p

Please don't do that, don't cut off air supply of ticks. The risk of ticks is that ticks leave a bacterium behind that causes Lyme's disease. When irritated (by things as cutting off air supply or being drugged by alcohol) they tend to vomit and leave more bacteria. Everything you need to know about tick removing or Lyme's disease you can find all over the internet.

alshygirl 14

What manner of morons are commenting on this page? If you pull the head off a tick, it is dead and therefore cannot "grow its body back". The only problem with leaving the head in is that it can result in a nasty infection.

SerenaSerenadex3 13

This is like the 11th time I'm reading this comment. Serious déjà vu!