Haunting

By Anonymous - 01/09/2023 22:00

Today, an ambulance took away the woman from next door. I thought that the flat was empty since I’d never seen her, but turns out she’d been dead for 2 years. She died in bed, meaning every time I went to sleep in my bed she was only 2 feet away on the other side of the wall. I’m now super creeped out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 756
You deserved it 148

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kimberley Michelle Whitley 16

Poor woman, sad no one noticed for two years.

And there was just never a SMELL? How did the landlord not notice her rent not being paid ~24 times?

Comments

And there was just never a SMELL? How did the landlord not notice her rent not being paid ~24 times?

historically, in cases like this landlords have just waited until the automatic rent payments stop coming in, then investigate.

Maybe she had automatic rent payment. As for the smell... Good question. If she had her windows open and the outside was dry, she might have mommified into place.

Or she was the owner of the flat. I’m surprised no one noticed her mail overflowing from the mailbox and indeed that no one smelt anything.

Kimberley Michelle Whitley 16

Poor woman, sad no one noticed for two years.

It's not like her ghost is going to come and strangle you in your sleep. The chances of that happening are only about 70%, 75% tops.

this is pretty common in countries that have all payme to made automatically. many times it is discovered when the bank runs out of money (inflation expenses draw more out than pension can put in).

When my wife and I got married we moved into her deceased mother’s condo. Our bedroom was the very bedroom where her mom had died years before. It had been rented out for a couple of years. I’m not excessively superstitious, but I did worry a bit about mom coming back to “visit”. Nothing unusual ever happened. OP, I understand that this is a bit scary, but if neighbor died two years ago and you never knew, there’s not going to be anything negative now unless your imagination goes into overdrive.