Gotcha moment

By nick - 18/10/2009 13:39 - Canada

Today, working my pizza delivery job, I got a $45 parking ticket for parking in a no stopping zone. I argued with the bylaw enforcement officer, but no luck. I was so pissed, I yelled at him, "You have the worst job in the world", to which he replied, " Buddy, you deliver pizza!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 090
You deserved it 54 707

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He's right, you do. And now you have to deliver more pizzas to pay for your ticket.

_Naboo_ 0

You should have though before you spoke, and YDI for parking there. You know better.

Comments

morgan020 0

haha don't you hate it when people are smarter than you? I bet it happens often huh? you did set yourself up for it though he was just making the best of the material he had been given then he burned your ass with it :)

Yapanesedidwhat 0

HAHAHAHAH.. sooon as I read that sentence.. and saw 'buddy'.. I checked which country this came in from.... people dooo say 'buddy; alot in Canada.. and Im guessing the officer was indian!

Kristoffer 35

IDY for breaking the law. As a professional delivery driver you should know better than to park illegally.

NightGod 0

This is why, back when I delivered pizza in high school, we always made sure to drop off a couple a month at the police station (you'd always get the occasional screw up or prank order so it would be easily covered as a loss by management). The worst that I ever had happen while I was working was getting pulled over for speeding and let off with a verbal warning. Cops love people who give them free food...

man cops suck. but not the really hot ones like on police academy with big boobs.

danceoo 0

A no stopping zone does not apply to just everyone except pizza deliverers. It needs to be kept clear, usually in case of emergencies such as fires. Find another place to park. If it had been a no stopping except if you really need to just run in quickly zone, then you would have been fine. But it wasn't. And don't argue with an officer, particularly when you are completely in the wrong! Try to explain and be respectful, but yelling at one will just make them likely to give you a harsher ticket out of spite. YDI.

Actually... I'm a female who delivers pizza, and I'm not the only female driver at my location. I don't know about Canada, but in the states delivery drivers (this includes all kinds of food as well as flowers, beer, etc) are permitted by law to park "illegally" for up to eight minutes if they are "reasonably out of harm's way" and turn on their hazard blinkers. This is something that many cops don't know about, simply because it's a really obscure rule that most never encounter. At Donatos, we carry our legal handbook in our vehicles in case we're harrased for this. If your store doesn't offer one of these, I'd suggest getting a copy of the rules as they apply to delivery staff from your local BMV to avoid further incident. Unfortunate that the cop doesn't know how sweet a job delivering pizza is. Especially for a girl. People get so excited about female drivers (especially drunk college guys) that we make double or triple the tips that our male counterpoints do. So kudos to Nick for the superior employment. To the rest of you: don't be a bunch of assholes if you don't know the rules.

Don't listen to him, at the end of the day you make people happy and full. That guy's only purpose is to ruin people's day like he did to you.