Go away

By xharuki - 29/08/2010 20:37 - United States

Today, I was closing at work when someone came in ten minutes before our closing time at 2 a.m. and placed a huge order. I couldn't turn him away because he's my manager from my other job. He was drunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 676
You deserved it 3 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As someone who has worked in the food industry, I agree, it sucks to work until 2 am (or later). HOWEVER, if the store closes at 2 am, IT MEANS 2 AM, not 1:45 because the employees are being whiny little bitches. Hell, I have even served people after my restaurant was technically closed in the past because I recognized that good customer service=more repeat business=more hours and more money for me. Plus, what if you were the hungry customer desperately looking for a place to eat at 1:45 am? Wouldn't you be pissed to find the restaurant closed 15 minutes early because some punk ass employee just HAD to get home at EXACTLY 2 am? When you work a closing shift in a restaurant, EXPECT to be there much later than closing time and consider yourself LUCKY if you do get to leave exactly when the restaurant closes. That's how the industry works. Suck it up and do your ******* job or find another one. This is the most pathetic FML I've ever seen.

That sucks but that's your job. No reason to complain.

Comments

imright24 0

It's your job. You accept money for doing exactly that. Stop your bitching. YDI.

hes drunk? when he stops being drunk he'll forget everything he did so you can cancel his order

If you don't want to take any more orders 10 minutes before closing, then you should be closing 10 minutes earlier. Now, with that said, I hope the OP called the police, if this drunk guy got into a car and drove away after getting his food.

(comment appeared in the wrong place... edited it)

oshi16toofly 0

you couldve said no. plus that is black mail material I would also like to add that fact that 1 is from Alaska as am I. YEAH!!!!!!!