Funny guy

By memoryloss - 04/12/2011 07:04 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor for a check up, having had a head injury a week ago and suffering some memory loss. Turns out, the medicine he gave me for my head has memory loss as a side effect. He then said, "I told you. Don't you remember?" After I said no, he said, "I figured." and giggled. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 163
You deserved it 2 824

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would have punched him in the face and say " srry I forgot who u were and u scared me"

As long as you can remember your name, age etc I think you'll be fine.

Comments

mommapanda 0

Does anybody read the side effects list on medication before taking them?

shrdlu 28

Yes, it makes me realize I have all of them.

every1luvsboners 11

I need to know the name of the medication so I can use it for my defense in my upcoming masturbating on public transportation case.

A lot of anti-convulsant drugs have this effect.

My guess is that the medication OP was given is a narcotic. They don't cause amnesia, but they can knock you the hell out and make you feel like you're walking on the ceiling. Doctors should have a sense of humour, as should patients. Don't expect us to be robots that just dole out diagnoses and prescriptions.

drewfus2 6

I would just like to point out that this man is awesome. Thank you for your time.

So, would you please tell me how you would be able to tell if the amnesia was caused by the medication or the head injury?

If it's happening a week later, it's probably the medicine.

Creeepy what other things did he do/say that you cant remember??

If your doctor did give you meds that have amnesia as a side effect, that's just a ridiculous thing to do for a head injury. How on earth are you supposed to tell if amnesia is just a result of the meds or a genuine symptom of something being wrong?! Your doctor is an idiot OP, FYL for having to pay for that shit.

Amnesia results from a serious head injury that causes swelling in the brain. The highly trained doctor that does this kind of shit for a living probably knows what he's doing.

heyitslexx 3

he raped you and you didn't remember!

Kueezy 6

He probably raped you too but you couldn't remember. Or maybe he drugged you?! O.o