Freakout

By LoLWut?? nd Why?? - 16/04/2013 04:01 - United States

Today, I went to a library to return a book that I've had for years. After a heated discussion with the librarian, not only did she charge me over a hundred dollars for the book, she also called the cops to escort me out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 600
You deserved it 47 650

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you kinda deserve it for having the book for so long...

Bunaf 4

At least you did the right thing in returning the book.

Comments

I still have a book that I got at the library back in 2002. Oops!

jellyybeans 5

88- do you not know how the return box works? Drop books in the return box. Employees working the chute stick them on carts. Librarians check in books. They come up under the names they were under. Fin.

I have belonged to three library systems, my parents and family to a total of six more, at least. All of them top the charges by making you buy the checked out item, not charging you increasing fines. They may slap an additional fine onto the purchase, but never any more than ten bucks. This was completely unreasonable an unnecessary and for that reason, I do agree that this sucks for the original poster. However... Dude, what happened that you had the item checked out for that long? I mean, really.

I always wait until they're doing a food drive amnesty program. Bring back the book with ten or fifteen bucks in canned goods, everyone wins.

If you say you lost the book and would like to pay to replace the book, they will charge you that price. Two weeks later, you can walk in and say you found the book. Sometimes, they will give you back your money or let you return the book and not pay any fines (paying for the new book is the fine to them). Try this next time. Make sure when you are paying to replace the book, let them know how awful you feel for not being able to find the book since you love to read so much, and it might have accidentally got lent to a friend if it was in your library.

niospartan 8

You should of waited till amnesty week, they don't charge you a dime.

What were you expecting? A thank you note?

sgtcxelite 11

Why didn't you just keep the damn thing or just pay for the book itself? It couldn't have cost more than the fine.

I don't know what to say, you deserve it big time...