Fear

By wimp - 15/08/2009 17:06 - United States

Today, while I was at the doctor's, they told me that my son and I needed a shot, I went first to show my son that it wouldn't hurt and that shots were not something to be afraid of. When they gave me mine, I started crying. My four year-old son handles pain better than his 29 year-old mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 492
You deserved it 40 916

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why are people pressing YDI? because she wanted her son to not be afraid? so she cried, big deal?

kewlguy23 0

Lol, that's not even that bad, I find it to be pretty funny. IMO, shots aren't that bad.

Comments

Are there any racial names for white people?

Cracker, pale face, flakey, ghost, bleach, yankee, redneck, white devil, trailer trash... uh... Man, our racist names aren't very offensive....

Rawr edit limits and sudden slow connection... I think a lot of our racist nicknames depends on where we're from and who we are. Like redneck and trailer trash would probably only apply to a USAmerican, especially one with any hint of a southern accent, whereas limey would work for a British white guy (I've never heard it for any other kind of British person), and ginger is for white people with red hair...

Joeyyyy 0

you forgot honkey. lol that's my favorite i laugh everytime someone calls me that one:)

(No offense to white people, I'm white anyway)... All of you people saying that men are stronger than women, blah blah blah... I know no one will agre with me, but I think for the most part its true. Wait wait, don't get all feminist on me, I'm a girl too! I think that typically, though, men are just naturally stronger. I'd like to say that women's bodies can naturally endure physical things better than men, even though we're not as strong ( in most cases ).

When you say endure, bear in mind women are lighter, have thinner skin, less muscle and bruise far more easily... they are far more easily damaged. It depends what you are looking for... women may deal with the pain of childbirth better than a man... hunting a woolly mammoth? Not so much.

Women have a higher physical threshold for pain, but men have a higher mental threshold.

I doubt many men today could hunt a wooly mammoth, let alone know what to do with one should they come upon it. Disregard guns; that's cheating. Times change. Plus, I think you misunderstood: iFruit was saying that women can ENDURE more pain than men, not that they were physically more capable. Yes, we are frail, but a lot of endurance (with pain) comes from the psyche. There are guys who rage up a storm when they sprain their ankles, and then there are girls who pull the hissing maneuver and limp off to fix it. As I mentioned before, I think that it was proven at some point by some one that females are psychologically stronger than men... naturally speaking, of course. I don't want to even copy-paste everything I said; if you're interested just go to recent FML about the chick, her blood phobia, and her period. But these days, you just can't really tell anymore. So many factors come into play... For example, my brother is a hell of a puss: he refuses to clean up messes, wash dishes, touch the toilet seat, clean the litter box, wash the animals, get too sweaty, etc all because it is "way too gross." Meanwhile, he is bragging about how much he can bench.. or something.. Then there's me, your stereotypical small and frail female, who does all of that, but probably can't bench a lot (but I have strongish legs! lol), yet at the same time is the one of us who is least likely to cry or be affected when someone resorts to soul-crushing (coughdadcough) and insulting. Somewhere across town, there is my cousin and his fiancee. My cousin works on an oil rig and doesn't afraid of anything. His fiancee is a whiney twit who can't do shit for herself. Somewhere across the country, there is friend set A: the man is a cancer patient who has never felt sorry for himself a day of his life, the woman cries every day he's in the hospital. Then there is friend set B: the femme guy has his masculine female friend to move a couch for him. AND THEN YOU HAVE TRANSVESTITES oh my.... My point is that it's difficult to go by statistics anymore because things keep changing on us.... and I dragged it out a lot longer than I should have, ahurr... [edit]Well, okay, maybe I'm the one who misunderstood (@Tuba)

You reversed them. Men have a higher physical threshold (they tolerate it better) for pain. Women have a higher mental/emotional threshold (controlling emotions) for pain/trauma.

'Today, while I was in the doctors'... use your apostrophes liberally! Thanks to your poor punctuation, this post has become gratuitously scandalous.

Making 3/4 the money? If you're going to play that bullshit card, you may also note that on AVERAGE, women work fewer hours than men, and take more days off.

shanners27 0

Did you atleast get a lollipop?

ahaha look at all these feminist essays. bottom line, your son is a guy and doesnt care about the pain. girls have a higher threshold but guys are conditioned to ignore or suppress pain! be glad he's being a man about it! it'll be attractive to the cute chicks he will date!

deaditegirl 0

YDI for crying during a shot. Seriously, even the worst shots really aren't that painful.

Don't look at the needle pricking, just imagine its an ant biting you!

I remember used to hate getting shots. At five, I cried. At six, I strangely enough didn't cry. At seven, I went back to crying. It was odd.

short_one_13 0

don't worry, i'm 16, and i STILL have legit panic attacks whenever im supposed to get a shotnor blood test, i.e. gardisil 1 i passed out gardisil 2, while waiting, i had a panic attack, and my breathing was so uneven my toes turned blue... i have to get a bloodtest sooon, and it haunts me in my dreams, really YOU have nothing too be ashamed of lol

Klabauterpete 0

It's incredible how full of ******* this place is.