False Advertising

By Alex Xavier - 25/06/2018 01:30

Today, after getting married recently and my wife making a ton of promises about "things" we'd do, she admitted she won't do any of them and said I should just accept that she lied. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 973
You deserved it 741

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

Okay that's about the single biggest red flag you're ever going to get and I'd seek a way out of this as soon as you can. Someone who has zero issues about lying straight to your face will NEVER get better, and the next thing you know she's going to be lying about other people she's involved with too. Run - and run fast.

Comments

Alex Xavier 4

Would make sense I still love her and there are no other issues but yeah it was a big fight after. and still nothing

No other issues other than your wife being extremely dishonest and apparently having deceived you into marriage? Yea, no issues.

jellenwood 35

Are these big things or little things?

*Sigh* someone ALWAYS has to go anal on me.

manb91uk 22

Cmon Dicky, you can do better

manb91uk 22

Cmon Dicky, you can do better

Thing is, she knows you love her. For something that we all think is a big enough deal for you to post here, you'll be walked all over. Annulment means no splitting of assets. I'm sorry if a bunch of money went into a huge wedding. Love will cloud your judgement and reasoning. If it was a really big ******* deal to you, don't just live with it.

PenguinPal3017 19

Two can play at that game. I think you just got permission to lie to her.

...because nothing says "messed-up, toxic relationship" like sinking to her level. amirite?

I'd suggest a big talk between you two about honesty and the importance of open and honest communication to keep a relationship healthy and strong. If she's not remorseful and doesn't see a problem with lying, it's a big indicator of the kind of person she'll be the entire marriage.

tounces7 27

Okay that's about the single biggest red flag you're ever going to get and I'd seek a way out of this as soon as you can. Someone who has zero issues about lying straight to your face will NEVER get better, and the next thing you know she's going to be lying about other people she's involved with too. Run - and run fast.

Hellblazer_Sith 25

Sorry mate that is a massive red flag, I’d get out of that marriage. If she can lie straight to your face and have no guilt then she is someone you should not be with.

Why did she marry you then, are you rich or something?

boredgirl_02 14

Maybe you lied in your wedding vows😉. By her reasoning youre free to do those things with another woman. Ps. She will cheat on you and tell you to get over it. Everyday there will be something you have to get over. You still have time to annul the marriage. I hope. Good luck

manb91uk 22

Yep.... That's grouns for annulment.. Divorce at the very least. She's a liar and can't be trusted

Life sucks but apparently your wife doesn't. Or am I mistaken about what you meant by "things"