Empty gesture

By Anonymous - 31/10/2015 05:44 - Canada - London

Today, my mother in law basically said I deserve my breast cancer, all because I declined to take part in one of her "March Against Cancer" events a while ago. I guess donating money to cancer research instead of going on a meaningless march really messed up my karma. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 963
You deserved it 1 796

Same thing different taste

Top comments

llamarrama01 21

What a bitch! Good luck in your recovery and keep strong!

Cancer is a bitch, just like your mother in law. I really hope you get better <3

Comments

You didn't donate enough would be her second excuse

It's not meaningless to the people who remembered to check and check out any unusual lumps. It's not meaningless for those who caught the cancer early because of that checking. It's not meaningless when it show people a disease to donate money for a cure. It's not meaningless toward those who have specific walks dedicated to them so they have the money for treatment. It's not meaningless for the people that feel alone. For the people who lost someone and can show their support for them as well as find others who know someone or lost someone as well to talk to. It's not meaningless for the money raised to go to the cause. It's not meaningless. If you don't want to walk, that's up to you. If you rather donate and have the money, awesome!!!! But don't call something that gives a different way to help or support meaningless.

Wow, how incredibly rude. I'm so sorry OP!

What a sick human being!!! To say someone deserves something as serious as cancer is beyond disgusting. I am so sorry that your mother-in-law is so heartless. Please stay strong OP. Some people have fought cancer and won. Remember that!

ChaiseT 16

Nobody ever deserves cancer. Don't listen to her OP, her karma will come.

momac86 17

It's not just a meaningless March so watch yourself there but just concentrate on your recovery and you'll get there

Soverain 15

You know, FML wouldn't be the same without monster in laws.