Empty gesture

By Anonymous - 31/10/2015 05:44 - Canada - London

Today, my mother in law basically said I deserve my breast cancer, all because I declined to take part in one of her "March Against Cancer" events a while ago. I guess donating money to cancer research instead of going on a meaningless march really messed up my karma. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 963
You deserved it 1 796

Same thing different taste

Top comments

llamarrama01 21

What a bitch! Good luck in your recovery and keep strong!

Cancer is a bitch, just like your mother in law. I really hope you get better <3

Comments

Im so sorry Op, my aunt and step mom had breast cancer, my stepmom just had her breast removed in Jan - so far they are doing awesome. Keep trying to be positive, be with people who support you, and try to limit time with your MIL, you dont need negativity or people like that right now.

That's terrible, I hope your mom sees what you did was important too. I hope the best for you as well.

**** cancer and don't listen to your mother because donating is a lot better then a race but a streamer I watch on twitch raised over 1,700 dollars going straight to breast cancer

wordygirl 11

When you are around her and talking about your cancer you could add, "that I supposedly deserve, according to some people." She will eventually feel bad and ashamed. It serves her right!!

I hope you recover quickly! **** cancer!

What an awful thing of her to say. How dare she insinuate that, especially since you donate directly to the research. And even if you didn't, who on earth says they deserve it? My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer, and she beat it a few years later. I hope you beat that breast cancer OP!! I hope you'll receive much more love and strength from your loved ones during this time. I'm rooting for you!

So her March doesn't even bring in money for a good cause? What the hell is the point of it then?

OP. that's awful. Anyone who did cancer events for the right reasons would be horrified to hear her say sch a thing. Sounds like she goes to those events just to convince people she's a good person, which clearly she is not. On a side note, not all cancer walks are equal. I signed up for one, where you had to commit to getting 100 bucks in donations OR pay it yourself. I was in college and impressionable, ok? I was worried though, as that's a LOT of cash when you're living on ramen. Then they raised it to 150 after I'd signed up. Then it turns out the "walk" was a 12 hour overnight marathon outside in february in the midwest. In the rain. And we were also all obliged to buy prizes and sell raffle tickets for them to raise more money. EXCEPT that they had us do this "walk" around a track and field track 20 minutes outside of town. The only people who could have ever, ever seen us or been there were the other people taking part. Not like it was as spectator event. They literally wanted us to walk around in circles from 8 pm to 8 am, in the rain, outside, in 40 degree weather, 20 minutes outside of town selling raffle tickets to each other after having already pledged 150 bucks each. I left at 3 am. My bullshit meter maxed out.