Rebel without a cause.

By wowie - 21/10/2019 20:00

Today, my ex threatened to not return my things that she still has. She even went on to say she will burn them, because she hates me and I "broke her heart". Not only has it been over half a year since we broke up, but she was the one who broke up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 802
You deserved it 141

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it’s been 6 months, why does she still have some of your stuff?

Consider your stuff lost. I had an ex that acted all sweet and manipulative, wanted to be friends, more than friends, and she was the one who called it off... I conveniently graduated college and didnt tell her where I went. I lost some stuff in this transaction but my sanity stayed intact.

Comments

Your ex is a crazy b-word... I would say, if what she has still has value in our eyes, play along to get it back. If not tell her to leave you alone. If she had no problem treating you like garbage before, why should you ?

Devil's Advocate there are reasons to dump a guy that aren't the dumpers fault. My ex cheated on me. I broke off the relationship. I was the one with a broken heart.

If it’s been 6 months, why does she still have some of your stuff?

Consider your stuff lost. I had an ex that acted all sweet and manipulative, wanted to be friends, more than friends, and she was the one who called it off... I conveniently graduated college and didnt tell her where I went. I lost some stuff in this transaction but my sanity stayed intact.

I'm almost positive if she's holding your items hostage and you've spent countless times trying to retrieve them, you can ask for a police escort to receive your items. Just because you used to live there and you left, doesn't mean it isn't a type of theft.

I don’t know what your relationship was like, but just because she was the one who broke it off it doesn’t mean you couldn’t have broken her heart. Just saying... Maybe you did something 🤷‍♀️ But still, keeping a hold of your things for that long is not ok, and not a mature way to handle a breakup

She broke up with you so you would fight for her to get back together. Don't you know how women work?

Excuse me no that is not how "women work". We are not battery run toys, we are individuals. While some women may enjoy breaking off and having the guy plead to get back together, there are plenty of others that don't play such games. If that's your experience of women, you're choosing the wrong ones. Try using your brain next time rather than the lower member.

julfunky 29

Depending on what was left behind, if you didn’t need it in the 6 month since you broke up then you don’t really need it. So unless it your passport or documents like that’s I would just let it go. If you really wanted your items you should have gotten then when you broke up. It’s not cool that she’s not giving you your stuff but she sounds crazy. Is your stuff worth dealing with a crazy person.

She still has your stuff after 6 months? I'm guessing her inventory includes some balls and a spine. How are you getting by without them?

LostSoul 19

You should have gotten your stuff in a few days. She does not have to keep your trash for over 6 months. She should have had a yard sale.

You kind of leave out why she broke up with you. If she did so because you broke her heart then she has every reason to be pissed at you.