Eat Y'self Fitter

By Shnur - 05/04/2009 04:25 - United States

Today, my patient, a chubby little girl, stood on a scale to measure her weight. She was 5 years-old and weighed 65 lbs. I started giving her advice on eating healthy: fruits, vegetables, and more greens. She turned to her mother with shocked look and said, "But mommy, the doctor is fat too!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 934
You deserved it 21 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why the HELL is anybody saying the doctor deserved this? 5 years old and 65lbs is quite overweight. The average 5 year old is somewhere between 30-40, give or take a bit. The kid will have all kinds of health problems if something doesn't change soon, and Doc here was doing their JOB. Also, #11 is right, the one who should be getting the lecture is dear old Mom and Dad, probably letting their kid eat too many snacks and sodas and junk. Poor kid.

got_rice 0

I'd say the kid's the one who should be saying FML...at that age, they really have no control over what they eat, so its entirely the parent's fault for letting them eat poorly.

Comments

wow when I was in the 7th grade I weighed 62 lbs and I was atleast 4'7.. what a fatass kid.

smartalek 2

well you're obviously fat.

blastgunn 4

YDI, I would have got pissed if someone told me I was fat when I was five. You should have told her mom, not her.

jdawg2010 0

you deserved that one all the way.

aaaahhhh kids say the darnest things don't they?

dabmaster 0

X) hahahaha lmao owned by a kid!!!!!!!!!

Psycho_Babydoll 26

To a 5 year old, adults can look big, not necessarily fat. Children don't always filter what comes out of their mouths. OP isn't necessarily a hypocrite- if anything the childrens parents should be to blame for letting her get overweight.

She almost weighs as much as me and I'm 13.

Why are you not listening to your own advice? I remember being about 8, and a doctor made me feel like crap about myself, when all she had to do was talk to my dad in private. And, guess what? Years later, the tables have turned. I'm now skinny and she's overweight. YDI allllll the way!!