Eat Y'self Fitter

By Shnur - 05/04/2009 04:25 - United States

Today, my patient, a chubby little girl, stood on a scale to measure her weight. She was 5 years-old and weighed 65 lbs. I started giving her advice on eating healthy: fruits, vegetables, and more greens. She turned to her mother with shocked look and said, "But mommy, the doctor is fat too!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 933
You deserved it 21 154

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why the HELL is anybody saying the doctor deserved this? 5 years old and 65lbs is quite overweight. The average 5 year old is somewhere between 30-40, give or take a bit. The kid will have all kinds of health problems if something doesn't change soon, and Doc here was doing their JOB. Also, #11 is right, the one who should be getting the lecture is dear old Mom and Dad, probably letting their kid eat too many snacks and sodas and junk. Poor kid.

got_rice 0

I'd say the kid's the one who should be saying FML...at that age, they really have no control over what they eat, so its entirely the parent's fault for letting them eat poorly.

Comments

I'm 14 and only weigh 84.5 lbs, having a high metabolism sucks, everyone thinks i'm anorexia

amazingkate 0

lecture the mom, not the kid.

YDI, hypocrite. Lose some weight and eat right if you're going to lecture people on that. Unless you have a biological or physical disorder that makes you fat.

MercenaryWubby 2

Stop being an asshole, asshole. She was 5, the guy is a ******* grown man.

CDNNinja 0

Disrespectful brat. I hope you reminded her and her mother on who the medical school graduate was.

Haha, because that has made her make such better health decisions. Doctors aren't always the genius god-like healers we think they should be. A lot of them are pretty narrow minded and dull, actually. If you don't believe me look at the cholesterol and heart attack statistics.

Everyone saying the OP deserves it for being fat - we don't know the whole story. For one thing, we don't know how overweight she actually is. A 5-year-old's perception that someone is fat doesn't tell us whether the OP is 20, 50 or 100 pounds overweight - or whether she's a perfectly healthy weight with a large frame and really big boobs. :) All of those scenarios are different in terms of how problematic they actually are for one's health. Also, she could be in the process of losing. You can't just look at an overweight person and know whether they're going up, going down, or maintaining at that particular time. I'm 60 pounds overweight. A few months ago I was 75 pounds overweight. Anyone meeting me for the first time would probably agree that I need to go on a diet. I AM on a diet, and I've already lost 15 pounds, but they have no way of knowing that.

******* HYPOCRITE DUMBASS **** LICKING FATASS okay im done