You never know

By Mezzlegasm - 10/07/2009 08:20 - United States

Today, I was talking to my good friend's girlfriend. She mentioned being afraid of losing her job. Because she was still a teenager, I jokingly said, "Oh, like you're responsible for a whole family!" She is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 091
You deserved it 51 256

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Most teenagers aren't responsible for a whole family. So who wouldn't jokingly say that. Either she is the mother of children or she is over 16 (in which she could easily move out if necessary, but probably wont because siblings would then be put into some kind of foster care). If shes taking care of her siblings with her parents around, why arent they on disability?... I feel for the kid who asks, its definitely not THAT typical of a situation.

I hope u offered to help or something.

Comments

Uh.. You need to chill it on the firsting. Man, if you say stuff like this, your life isn't ******, you deserved it and now you have to pay for your stupidity

Yes #1 you are first. Now take your "Win" and leave to somewhere where people actually care.

today I was afraid I was going to get fired. I was telling my boyfriend and his friend about it. then his friend said 'oh it's not like you have to support a family' unfortunately, I do. FML FYL, but FHL more

augustdanielle 0

Think before you speak, yes?

fyourlife33 0

you dont know anything about your "good friend's" girlfriend? maybe dont be such an idiot

That's what I was wondering. I mean, wtf? How did you not know that?

This could be a recent girlfriend, and if it's a friend you only see at school you might not see a long term girlfriend that often if she goes to school elsewhere.

I hope u offered to help or something.

katekappy 0

You didnt know. But u really shoulda known that dude! Try asking first

Sounds like a whole lot of "so what? this doesn't really affect either of you!" FML I EMBARRASSED MYSELF IN FRONT OF A GIRL WHO I DON'T ACTUALLY EVER HAVE TO SEE AGAIN, WHATEVER WILL I DO!?! Seriously, **** off. Not just you- you and everyone who passed this through moderating.

Hahaha, cwdeus, that made me laugh. seriously though, you're being sarcastic and telling OP not to make a huge deal over nothing, when you're the one talking in caps and cussing out in the comments over this one little FML. haha! i love the internets.

shewasalmost18 0

yeah shes a waitress by day and superhero by night

Most teenagers aren't responsible for a whole family. So who wouldn't jokingly say that. Either she is the mother of children or she is over 16 (in which she could easily move out if necessary, but probably wont because siblings would then be put into some kind of foster care). If shes taking care of her siblings with her parents around, why arent they on disability?... I feel for the kid who asks, its definitely not THAT typical of a situation.

Who says the parents are disabled? They could be unemployed, and unemployment doesn't pay much. And right now, with the way the economy is, who WOULDN'T be worrying about losing their job?

Not only that, but if her parents are gone, and she's not 18 she can't tell anyone because they would take her siblings away because there is no adult in the house.

lastminuteperm 0

YDI. You don't know their situation. You shouldn't of acted all "old" in a way saying, "Sweetie, you're not their yet."