Don't push your luck

By go choke on a gonad - 08/08/2013 13:13 - United States - Dayton

Today, my fiancé asked for money to bail his brother out of jail, the same brother who happily spent a whole day recently trying to convince my fiancé that I've been cheating on him with my own cousin. So I said no. He shook his head in disgust and said that I'm "unbelievably spiteful". FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 282
You deserved it 5 587

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's one delinquent asshole like that in every family. If you think your family doesn't have one, it's you.

TheWhiteLotus - I see you're new here, so I'll be as helpful as possible. What I said is something called a "joke" which used a device called "sarcasm" to create something called "humour". I (try to) do that a lot around here, as do many others. Got it? Good. I do this because I care and I'm a nice ******* guy.

Comments

There's one delinquent asshole like that in every family. If you think your family doesn't have one, it's you.

TheWhiteLotus 5

Well, THAT'S clearly a load of crap. Closest thing in my entire family that even relates to is my cousin who got her Master's in Biochemistry on her father's dime, and less than a year after that she decided to spend her life in Turkey, selling the Bible to Muslims, because the Campus Crusade for Christ convinced her that it was more important. Needless to say, her father's still kinda pissed. It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't throw God in everyone's face, along with leaving pamphlets around our homes when she visits. Either way, if that qualifies as "delinquent asshole", then she's it.

SumBur 11

Thanks for clearing that up.

And ^^that, my friends, is what we call "going off on a tangent". Quite a ways off, it would seem.

15, I honestly don't know what your point was.

I found it quite interesting, even if it was slightly pointless :)

assassinbanana0 20

What were you trying to get at??

TheWhiteLotus - I see you're new here, so I'll be as helpful as possible. What I said is something called a "joke" which used a device called "sarcasm" to create something called "humour". I (try to) do that a lot around here, as do many others. Got it? Good. I do this because I care and I'm a nice ******* guy.

I think they were saying that there is no delinquent in their family and that the college girl turned bible humper is the closest thing to delinquent they have.

it also might be possible that thewhitelotus is throwing that person under the bus because they don't want to face the fact that the delinquent person in the family is actually thewhitelotus

skyeyez9 24

My brother's wife is the crazy one in our family.

Yeah....the main issue here is that nobody cares.

#15: It's not your cousin, it's you. It was always you.

hryffff 11

Your fiancé probably doesn't believe him.... If he does I'm sorry. But I wouldn't have given him money either.

You were definitely right in saying no. Your fiancés brother deserves to be in jail. FYL OP.

TheDrifter 23

Depends what he's in for. Just being a prick doesn't necessarily mean you belong in jail.

FinJage 18

Oh its a wonderful thought if pricks could be thrown in jail.

You did the right thing by saying no.

Are you sure you want him to be part of your future family?

I'd probably do the same for my sister, but that was a real douche thing he did.

I don't usually jump on the "dump him" train. However, looking at the way your partner acts, I would take a long look at what your future will hold. If you have not already had a long talk with your fiance about what a jerk his brother is, then you need to have one.

I agree. It makes me wonder if OP's fiance is a bit like his brother deep down inside.

Dawnstempest 17

Or he just really loves his brother. If they went through something really bad together, or are just naturally strong bonded brothers, it's only natural to stick by your brother no matter how many mistakes he might make.

I have no problem with loyal siblings. I have gone through hell with my own sister, and anyone who tries to diss her I will tell them to piss off. But I do know when she has crossed the line and I am not afraid to tell her she is wrong. If the brothers are so tight, then the future brother-in-law would not go out of his way to make up lies about Op. In this case, I think Op is on the bottom of the totem pole and needs to understand that this will likely repeat itself again and again.

Good choice. I really hate it how people think that just because they're related to another, they can be assholes. Hopefully your fiancé realizes this and changes his mind!

Wow what an ass I would have said no as well!! I hope he wasn't bailed out of jail

Makes you wonder.... what kind of husband will he be if he continues to support this jerk? My brother is on the fast track to a life in and out of jail, gambling and drug problems, and is probably already an alcoholic. I don't support him now and I don't plan on ever doing so. I suggest you stick your ground, OP. Don't let his brother bully you guys into bailing him out of trouble every time.

Axel5238 29

Agreed, I feel bad for the OP. The fiancé accuses her of being spiteful after he tried to ruin the relationship and did something illegal. If that's the relationship he has with his brother and doesn't see both things as serious issues it might be good to move on before things get worse.