By Anonymous - 23/08/2012 07:56 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, after I requested a sick day, a very close co-worker texted her boyfriend that I'm a bitch for pretending to have the same rare illness that she recently suffered. She said it was unlikely, disrespectful and unfair that I didn't even look sick. I know this because she texted me instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 264
You deserved it 2 795

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your co-worker is a disrespectful bitch, does it even matter what she says?

So because it's rare, it's impossible for you to have it? Unless you have leprosy, she's being a very presumptuous bitch.

Comments

alychick 5

Well she's ****** up. Sorry OP get better soon!!

"disrespectful and UNFAIR..." Wow she has problems

mzrobinson 13

If she's such a "close" co-worker, she wouldn't have any reason to not believe you. Sounds like she's jealous that you look better sick than she does. /:

It sounds to me like she's the disrespectful one here.

If it's a rare illness she just suffered then chances are it's contagious. Fortunately for you her decreased intelligence isn't.

Your co-worker is a disrespectful bitch, does it even matter what she says?

reallytho3 11

Who needs pockets when u have laxatives

Dblocker 18

That's when you reply back, "Faked being sick so I can hook up with my co-worker's boyfriend, hope she doesn't find out."

25: Who needs to reply to the correct FML when you could reply to another one?

reallytho3 11

Dammit that was comedy gold too.... I'm getting buried lol

Reallytho - It wouldn't have been gold on the right FML either. Brass maybe...or perhaps pewter. But gold? No.

reallytho3 11

Pewter? Wow I learned something today lol

SystemofaBlink41 27

57- have you never played pokemon??

hausmad1 3

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Slender_Man 6

52- close as friends you mean. Nothing sexual was written to determine that op was inside of her.

Do you mind if I smash your face in with a dictionary? It's clearly the only thing you do with them.

You guys are kind of moronic.. At least whoever of you thumbed down #4 or is trying to give him/her crap for what was said When did #4 say they where close sexually?? Close could mean that they work in close proximity, possibly share the same office, or work in cubicles right next to each other, or even that they are just close friends and hang out often. Simple shit like that.. You guys just like to be negative and picks fights..

84 & 73 - I agree whole- heartedly with you both. It seems like somedays some of the FML community have a wedgie up their arses. This is supposed to be a happy environment people, for giggles and laughs! Lighten up please!

So because it's rare, it's impossible for you to have it? Unless you have leprosy, she's being a very presumptuous bitch.

Then they must have an armadillo outbreak at their business...

You caught it from her... What a bitch.

perdix 29

You mean the same rare disease she pretended to have? Uromycetisis?

She's just jealous that you don't look sick ;)

Family members do this to me all the time. I suffer from food allergies which give me unusual symptoms. If anyone in my family exhibit similar symptoms they automatically assume they have the same food allergies as I do. It's frustrating how often I have to explain that they are fine.

That really isn't like anything OP said at all.

I didn't explain myself well. I have allergies. When someone in my family says they have an allergy to baker's yeast because they have a slight headache; it's like a slap in the face to me. There they are happily munching on a sandwich, whereas if I tried the same I would experience excruciating migraines and acute nausea. They don't experience the sensation of insects crawling under their skin over their entire body, or have ever felt the panic of having lips, tongue, or throat swell to the point of near asphyxiation. I don't have a disease or illness, thankfully. But imagine the coworkers life. She has to live daily with her illness, and what she might perceive as serious is different from other people. She might think a sick day is necessary for one of those "serious" days. So when she sees another coworker leaving with the excuse of being sick, her illness might be the only thing she can think of that necessitates such measures. Sorry it's so long, but I hope I explained myself better.

I can't thumb down your comment on the app because it's too long. So this is me, thumbing down your comment.

So be it. But there are always two sides to any story.

32 - Fortunately, yours was short enough for me to thumb down.

So basically what you're saying (from what I understand) is that you condone what OP's co-worker is doing? What I see in your comment is its ok to think "I'm much worse off, my life sucks much worse. Why is that weak petty piece of shit acting like they even have a problem, when it's so much tinier than mine and I'm still here." Sounds to me like a self-loathing person who wants everyone around them to be miserable too. Well, we can't all just live with our illness and think "someone always has it worse, and they aren't whining. I'm going to be strong." but try to remember; don't look down on someone unless you are helping them up. We all have our own problems. And we all deal with them differently. As for your family. If it bothers you that you hang with a bunch of hypochondriacs, ignore them.. When they have their 'panic' moment, keep going about your business.

No I'm saying it's jealousy. Plain and simple. The coworker obviously was venting to her boyfriend and accidentally texted her close friend. Haven't you ever complained to someone?

I have a mystery illness as we been calling it. I've been to so many docs and still no true answer. My sister also has it. I developed it after her. In trying to research the problem I've met hundreds if not thousands more out there. I do get frustrated when someone belittles what we are going through. But if someone claimed to have the same symptoms I wouldn't consider that belittling. While I wouldn't wish what I have on anyone it is nice to know that I'm not alone in it. I swear sometimes people just want to feel special over medical conditions and get extra attention and act like they are the only one who could possibly be suffering.

61- Close friend who happened to be OP, a co-worker.

Welshite, I feel for you. What is with everyone else today? All of the negativity and thumbdowns?! Cheer up people it is nearly the weekend. Lighten up!

The truth always comes out , one way or another.

Kyle225 3

Looks like that she is the bitch