Cracked

By Sous_Chef - 11/12/2009 08:32 - United States

Today, my roommate came in, slamming the front door. I guess he doesn't know that you can't throw hot water on frozen windows. He came up all pissed and called his insurance because he'd cracked the windshield. We have the same car, in the same exact color. Turns out he threw the water on mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 943
You deserved it 3 091

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Key his name onto his car so he knows.

And now, you can safely sue him or sent him the bill! :D

Comments

And now, you can safely sue him or sent him the bill! :D

Exactly. What's the big deal, he was the one who did it, he has to pay. It's not like he can give you a fake name and never see you again.

He is going to pay but it just sucks because now you don't have your car.

LifeIsBull 0

Try putting ice cubes in hot chocolate or something. The ice will crack. If the windshield was frozen, which the OP says it was, then it would likely crack from hot water being thrown on it.

PeliHellboy - pouring hot water on a frozen windshield will result in a hell of a lot of cracks, not just one. I was once pouring hot water down my sink and had a glass standing in the same sink. The glass wasn't even cold (let alone frozen) and the bottom cracked right off the rest of the glass from the hot water. I've also seen the bottom of test tubes get several cracks in them from being moved between something very hot and very cold too quickly.

You can use his car because he got your car instead if yours.

yo make him pay or u throw hot boiling water all over his car!! revenge!!

No need to scape your windshield today.

Key his name onto his car so he knows.

Who has the the exact same car in the exact same color and are also roomates? That's crazy. Hope he pays up :D

I've seen this be the case with three people having an orange Jeep Wrangler in the same parking lot.

Wow I hope your roommate fixes your car for you.

perdix 29

Turn him into the police for vandalism. You'll have to pay for your own windshield, but the anal rape your roommate will get in jail will be worth it.

if roomate doesn't pay up, I have two words for you. Judge Judy. totally.

arm1 0
alwaysalady 0

sounds like someone owes you a new windshield. How could he not know that hot on cold glass shatters it?