Chilly

By Anonymous - 13/01/2011 06:32 - United States

Today, my window got busted and won't shut properly. I live in a college dorm room and maintenance says they can't fix it for a couple of days. It's below freezing in my dorm and I can see my breath while trying sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 421
You deserved it 2 627

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's because you're trying to sleep wrong. close your eyes when you sleep.

1. Kill everyone from maintenance. 2. Skin them and sew them into a warm blanket. Problem solved.

Comments

FYLDeep 25
sourgirl101 28

I think it's spelt "duct" tape but pronounced "duck". I could be wrong. Any who! Hell ya! Duct tape fixes everything! I even use it to hem up my pants when I'm too busy to take them to the tailors.(:

FYLDeep 25

Duck tape's the brand name stuff. That's how you know you're preforming high quality maintenance work.

sourgirl101 28

Oh, I thought it was called that because it's water proof, just like a duck's ass.(:

sounds like y'all are from the middle east. here in Oklahoma duct literally fixes everything haha

FYLDeep 25

I like to think of it as Duck tape more than duct tape anyway since it's a bad idea (and probably illegal) to use it on ductwork. Just seems like a bit of a misnomer.

RedPillSucks 31

And you think it's better to use it on ducks? Is that how they keep that perfect V formation?

WTF are you talking about the middle east has ducktape 0_0

lmao 70 is right. Breezy, stand up, place your legs shoulder width apart and jump up and down. That shouldddddd get the sand out of your vag.

The duct tape/duck tape argument is one of those great unsolvable ones. You can read all about it on Wikipedia (notably under 'Duct tape') if you a) care, and b) have no life. Personally, I think duct tape is right...

melibear89 7

lay under every blanket you can get your hands on.

That is poor service. But, get yourself a snuggie :)

Call the administration and say I want this done TODAY or I'll be looking in to levying penalties under the landlord/tennets act (look up your states variant of this wording). Chances are the maintainence people are just lazy unionist who think they can just ignore you, legit leagal posturing works in such a situation.

Yes_I_Own_It 0

Drink til you're not aware it's cold, like a normal college student. then you'll pass out for 5-6 hours and wake up refreshed. repeat until the window is fixed.

Stop whining and go buy some plastic to put over the hole until they can fix it...

RedPillSucks 31

I can't believe we had to get to comment #22 before someone suggested putting something over the gap.

call them and tell them to come over and fix the window immediately or call the deans office and demand that you be placed in a rm that has heat. College dorm rooms aren't cheap! you have paid to stay there and deserve not to have to see your breath as you are trying to sleep!

Or just grow a pair, I live in northern Canada, seeing your breathe as you sleep is nothing

That's fine, but maybe OP lives in California and isn't nearly as hale and hearty as you awesomely awesome Canadians. I can tolerate the sight of blood and guts, but other people pass out at even the thought. Don't be a jackass and think you're better than someone just because you grew up on the frozen tundra.

Yeah cause canada's a frozen tundra, jackass

Learn to understand the POINT of the comment. Don't whine just because he makes sense.

Learn to understand my dick in your mouth