Cheap and gross

By ilovemypup - 31/10/2016 11:20

Today, while at my job in a candy store, a boy stuck his hand into the bin, contaminating the candy. As I politely explained that the dad had to purchase the affected candy he refused, yelled, then angrily agreed to buy them. The total cost of the candy with the extra pieces? $1.69. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 915
You deserved it 777

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mermaidkeels 26

Sometimes I feel like parents throw more tantrums than their own kids.

if you cant afford $1.69 dont go to the candy store

Comments

I work in a candy store and can confirm this happens every single day. Candy stores are not as fun as they seem sometimes.

RpiesSPIES 27

I work a a Cinema and can empathize to a point. Kids try and stick their hands in the popcorn bin, or flick pieces into it. Usually I can close the metal lid before anything gets in... Little brats. Doesn't sound like it happens as often for me as it does you, but I've grown to hate children.

mariri9206 32

I, too, worked in a candy store and this never happened at mine. I did have to deal with hearing crying babies and toddlers and the like sometimes. Then, again, the set up for my store had all the unwrapped candy behind counters that we had to get for customers. Anything kids could stick their hands in was wrapped. My "big pain" was the same homeless person coming in and just taking a piece of candy from the wrapped candy section. Her response when I called her out on it and asked if she was going to pay for it: "It's just a sample." My response to that: "If you want a sample, you need to come to us and ask for one." Don't know if it actually did anything because I left before I saw her again.

if you cant afford $1.69 dont go to the candy store

mermaidkeels 26

Sometimes I feel like parents throw more tantrums than their own kids.

mariri9206 32

Which is probably why they think it's okay to do. They follow their parents poor example.

I began reading this FML thinking "oooh OP is lucky! I'd love to work in a candy store!" Then I finished reading and was like "Never mind. **** customers."

What's more, is OP is probably serenaded by screaming children all day, "I want THAT one!" "She got more than me!" "But I want it NOW!"

If I knew this as a child my parents would have had to buy me SO MUCH more candy

If I did this as a child, my parents would force me to use my own money to buy it...

if i did this as a kid, id get an ass whoppin. tf

In my country the store would just throw it out. You would never be forced to buy anything. The store would maybe ask you to control your kid, but they would never contront the customer and make them pay.

It is the same principle as it would be if your kid knocks over a TV in an electronics store. The kid is ruining the product they're trying to sell and the adult responsible for the child should pay for it.

I worked retail in the US and we were told we could never force a customer to buy an item they damaged. we would just throw it out. Wished we could have it was a tea store and customers broke things often

stevenbro 6

Keeping unwrapped loose candy where people can reach it sounds sort of gross. Don't think I'd want to buy it. But I guess there couldn't have been too many if it was only $1.69 worth.