Brain worms

By slightlyslow - 02/07/2009 20:33 - United States

Today, while watching The Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh with my 5 year-old, I realized why the kangaroo's name is Kanga, and why her son's name is Roo. Kanga-Roo. Get it? Yeah. I didn't until today. I'm 47. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 595
You deserved it 52 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

meeeep 0

i didn't notice that either! haha. i didn't know the moms name was kanga but i knew the little one's name was roo. this made me laugh :D

Seti_fml 0

holy shit... i'm really not joking when i say this. I never realized that until just now. I guess i never really thought about it... Don't feel bad OP, you're not alone.

Comments

CAN ANYONE HERE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHY "PIGLET" IS CALLED "PIGLET"? ... I dunno... just seems so... random :OP

Lmfao, it's cuz she's a pig... You know, PIGLET, get it?

zombie_pie 0

because he is a baby pig. supposedly. he seems to act more like an effeminate elderly man.

hecuva 0

that would be the amazing irony that noone gets :)

youfailatlife 0
SuzyQ4u5 0

oy someone needs to touch up their math skills.

kitties_fml 12

47-5=38? i don't think so, somehow...

AAAAHHHH12 2

Did your brain melt, #56? From what I remember of simple math, 47-5=42. Unless the laws of simple subtraction changed, in which case 47-5=38. ...But I don't believe they have...

starbucks14 0

Maybe because he is a baby pig and you call baby pigs piglet?????

is piglet a boy or a girl....i never figured that out and i just relized that too but im 13... xD

this would only be an fml if ur 5 year old knew it and said that to u

Ur an idiot! Haha jk that made me laugh.

Ugh, I hate when people say stuff like this. It's not cute when you're a teenager then it's not cute when you're 47. "I just realized IHOP is an ACRONYM!!! Not a name!!!" Get over it, it's not an FML. It's not even something worth talking about.

swooshq 0

I agree. it's just something you realize and say "oh, hah wow"..then just forget about it and go on with your day

Mulada 0

Oh **** you, you can't judge an entire country's people. Believe me or not, we don't share a single mind.

You wana come over here and say that to our face lun8243

Sure, some Americans are complete morons (the OP and everyone else who didn't get Kanga and Roo) but not all of us are. Don't perpetuate the stereotype and people will stop living up to it.

koko_the_koala 0

Ok, really? You did NOT just say that. You probably haven't even been to America, so how can you judge us? Sure, some of us can be a little dim, but that's true in EVERY culture. I live in America, and I happen to know way more smart Americans than dumb ones.

nomnomsean 0

Think about this asshole, the VAST majority of the inventions that have changed the WORLD have come from America. How can you explain that if we are all so ******* stupid?

fxdxhk90 0

Your a jackass. People are so quick to insult Americans, yet whenever your country needs any type of help, you all come crawling back to America because we have all the money and military power. So to lun8423, please stfu.

Yes, all Americans are dumb, we've heard it before, we'll here it again. Get something new and original to insult us with please.

How would you like it if someone read your post and used it as a basis for saying all non-Americans are rude and judgmental? Sweeping generalizations make you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Think before posting, please.

lol @ 75. so if we stop calling you dumb *****, you'll be smarter ? i don't quite see how that works. all the americans going into a rage here are soo precious.

First, it's American. It's a proper now. Second, your second sentence has unnecessary commas in it. It should read: "It seems that many are either dumb as wood or too busy with other things to even notice stuff like this". If you're going to insult us, please do so correctly. Besides, who cares if she didn't notice something as small as this? Yeah, she's probably busy with "other things" 'cause she has a ******* kid, dumbass, and doesn't have time to sit on her ass all day and watch TV. To Pteronophobia, if you're also going to assume that all Americans are dumb, I'm going to assume that you have hairy armpits because you're French. Please shut up and go shave.

HaleyRae 0

me too!!!! i never got that!!

Bucinka 5

You're correcting people's grammar, 277 and you wrote 'proper now' instead of 'proper noun'?! Jesus on a bun! Don't give that douche any additional fodder for his prejudices.

AAAAHHHH12 2

Yes. It's the acronym for "International House Of Pancakes". IHop-ness. Haha :P

IHOP's an acronym? Really? I didn't know that either.. ?

So why the hell is the ******* bear called "Pooh"?

WFMS 0

the author of the book got the names and character from his kids stuffed animals. Pooh is what his son called his teddy bear when he was little

hecuva 0

LOL they have one of those "heratige moments" on this... #58's got it His kid liked the name... who knows

#30 = YESSS and your life is not effed by this...its just funny

iwearfeathers 0

and the owl's name is owl and rabbit's name is rabbit. GOOD LORD.

^^I totally agree with you! I'm tired of reading dumb FML's like this F your life for thinking that was so traumatic!

yes because everyone wants to read about traumatic things here. shut the eff up and read the damn stories don't like them? stop reading them. but for the love of god stop your bitching.

gdude756 0

Dude, don't worry about it. I didn't know that until you just told me. FML

haha i just realized that a few weeks ago. but im 18, so the fail isnt quiet as epic.. lol

jennycaakes 0

you just helped A LOT of people realize that, weather they admit it or not. (: