Bougie

By Anonymous - 27/03/2021 08:01

Today, I went to the Louis Vuitton store to repair the broken handle on my handbag. Upon review, they told me that my handbag was not an authentic Louis Vuitton. I essentially paid $1600 for a fake that I can no longer use. FML
I agree, your life sucks 510
You deserved it 1 460

Same thing different taste

Top comments

$1600 for some purse? that was a waste of money to begin with!! NO Purse is worth 1600 dollars. Apparently the purse agrees with me and proved it by breaking.

Sady_Ct 37

Where did you get it? Do you have the receipt? Take it back.

Comments

Sady_Ct 37

Where did you get it? Do you have the receipt? Take it back.

$1600 for some purse? that was a waste of money to begin with!! NO Purse is worth 1600 dollars. Apparently the purse agrees with me and proved it by breaking.

People are allowed to spend money on what they like. I could say the same for shoes, jeans, cars, furniture, whatever. Handmade, high quality designer items cost money. Don't shame people for wanting to buy things they like. Now, if you're buying this stuff rather than feeding your kids, then don't come complaining to me. OP, that really does suck ass. If you ever purchase from a person, most owners KEEP the authenticity certificates for their items. If it didn't come with one, I would have taken it to the store first to be checked out. If you got it from a friend, then perhaps your friend was scammed first. Really crummy. If through eBay, eBay actually has a really great buyer protection for fraudulent items. So much so, that it actually hurts sellers.

mando 10

good points on several aspects.

KingAdrock 16

Of course OP is *allowed* to spend their money the way they want. Nobody ever said they aren't. But we're equally allowed to have the opinion that a purchase is foolish or wasteful. The high cost of designer products like Louis Vuitton have VERY little to do with quality, the vast majority of the money you pay for such products is purely for the name. A product of identical quality WITHOUT the label can cost orders of magnitude less. So sorry not sorry: OP's an idiot for buying Luis Vuitton, DOUBLY an idiot for not even buying from a reputable or authorized dealer, and TRIPLY an idiot for complaining that it can no longer be used; as if the fact that LOUIS VUITTON won't fix it means it cannot be fixed at ALL. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. YDI.

In the end, people will pay whatever price for whatever they want. But also, does someone deserve being jipped? No. Could OP have been more careful? Of course. Whether it's by quality, brand, style or status, insulting someone because of the purse they buy isn't exactly something one should think highly of themselves over another. :/

tounces7 27

When you're buying from a guy in a trenchcoat in a back Alley, chances are it's not authentic.

mando 10

I could understand when you're making such a big financial purchase in a purse, you would expect quality and not want to invest in an item that doesn't suit your needs. You have great taste and fashion sense, here's looking to better financial choices in the future.