Blackmail

By Soefingbroke - 05/02/2022 10:01

Today, I have to choose between paying the mortgage or paying my brother the hush money for him knowing about the affair I had with his friend. He made it clear that if I miss a single payment, he'll tell my wife everything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 143
You deserved it 3 019

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How does the old saying go? Oh, yes. "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Pay the mortgage, fess up to the wife, and plan on moving out of the house you just kept out of foreclosure. This way the blackmail money will go to your divorce attorney and not your brother

Comments

Pay the mortgage, fess up to the wife, and plan on moving out of the house you just kept out of foreclosure. This way the blackmail money will go to your divorce attorney and not your brother

How does the old saying go? Oh, yes. "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

If he tells your wife, he will never see a penny again. Is he really that dumb? And, hey, go and tell your wife. This situation is crap.

If you cheated, it sounds like you need a new wife. If that's how your brother treats you, it sounds like you need a new family.

Lucky O'Guin 18

How are you blaming the wife? He's the lover, not her.

I'm not blaming the wife, I'm saying if he cheated on her then he's obviously not interested in her anymore and should move on rather than cheating. It is not the wife's fault, it is him.

if you don't pay the mortgage, you're wife is gonna know somethings up n find out anyway. on the other hand if your brother wants the $ that bad, is he a degenerate and the type of person your wife might not believe?

j moreno 7

Black mail is a criminal offense. Press charges against your brother. But YDI for being a cheating POS. Fess up to the wife, press charges against your brother, also a POS, and pack your stuff.

Sounds like your brother is as big a douche as yourself. Birds of a feather...

Deny, deny, deny. Tell your wife your brother is victimizing you in a scheme with his friend. Have you learned nothing from the Trump presidency and aftermath? The new technology of lying is to stick to your lies regardless of what evidence comes to light.

maybe the brother has proof? and if nothing else the wife will probably investigate, and it doesn't sound like the person has been so sneaky since the brother knows

There's no such thing as proof anymore. Just say any rock solid evidence is "fake news" or deep-fake technology. Trump and the anti-vax lunatics have advanced the art of making people not believe anything, no matter how true.

kitten79TX 5

Pay the mortgage. Come clean with your wife. You're such a douche. I hope you didn't come here expecting sympathy. I feel bad for your wife because you're a cheating asshole and she may lose her home because of it. And if you have kids.... you're going to let your wife and kids be homeless over your shameful behavior. Be a real man and come clean.

bearzrcool 5

Your return on investment on your brother is $0.00