Benefits

By Fitz - 05/05/2009 12:22 - United States

Today, I overheard my mother and sister talking so I stopped to eavesdrop. I recently enlisted in the Marines, and they were talking about what they would do with the money if I died. FML
I agree, your life sucks 184 896
You deserved it 14 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that is so messed up...and someone YDI this... I feel for ya

Comments

Chris? . . . Uhm. . . You should have a talk with your family. Or guilt trip them.

And thats what you get for eavesdroping

armybarbie 1

It's however much he picks with his SGLI, anywhere from 100 - 650k. If you are really concerned talk to your readiness NCO and fill out a new DD Form 93, which is the record of emergency data, and you can change who gets the money.

shortandloud 0

that is so ****** up, make a will, and have the money donated to your choice of charity.

I just had the opposite situation. My fiance, who just enlisted and is leaving in a few MCRD in a few days made me sit with him and read his will. I was sad. Don't take their conversation personally, really, it's a conversation that does have to be had. I wish you the best, stay safe, and thank you so much for serving.

I think it's a legitimate discussion that needs to be had. You may have caught the wrong end of it.

wow 43 way to be a dick and an unpatriotic hippy I bet you don't even understand how much weve helped the rest of the world by fighting an evil TERRORIST organization. This OP joined to protect the country and youre stabing him and the rest of the USA in the back with this kind of hatefilled talk.

A ton of people are ******* morons when it comes to this site. How the hell does he deserve it? Do you not know the basic meaning of those buttons? Let's see if you were in that position you brainless *****. Anyways, confront them about this and say you were very hurt by what they said. Hopefully they'll mention that it wasn't for harmful intent and they were just discussing and not hoping. If they don't care, then don't give them a cent.