Bad women's anatomy

By Anonymous - 03/05/2015 05:37 - Australia - Brisbane

Spicy
Today, I had to explain to my boyfriend that me switching to "super" sized tampons does not mean I've been having sex with other men with bigger penises, and that my vagina hasn't been "stretched bigger". FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 296
You deserved it 3 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh, tampons... The ultimate mystery for men.

Ask him what his excuse for using extra small condoms is.

Comments

Maybe it's time you sit down with him and talk about how periods work.

As a male, I didn't realize there were sizes.

They aren't sizes, just different absorbency levels

But the absorbency levels make for a larger sized tampon

(For the benefit of men out there who are curious) Women are different and some women will have a heavy flow while others will have a light flow. Or the same woman can have heavy flow one day and lighter flow the next. You don't want to use a tampon that is too absorbent for your flow because it's more likely to cause toxic shock syndrome (caused when bacteria starts to grow on the tampon). Hence the different tampon absorbencies. They usually sell light, regular, and super absorbent tampons. All tampons are smaller than your average penis, though, so I have no idea why OP's boyfriend would think that.

AMcM_fml 21

on behalf of a lot of guys thank you. I wasn't willing to Google that....

CountedTo10 9

on a related note OP: have you considered menstrual cups rather than tampons? if your flow is really heavy they can be helpful and also cheaper in the long run

That is actually really good advice, I don't understand why you're being down voted.

I use both. I prefer the menstrual cup but not on my heavier days. Changing them can be super messy! Especially when you have to insert your finger up your ****** to retrieve it vs just pulling on a single string.

CountedTo10 9

I've just personally never liked tampons, kinda overly drying if you get me....only used my cup for one cycle but it's great although I don't have the heaviest flow ever...

I'd really like to get a cup. You only have to empty them twice a day right? Plus there's less waste and it's less expensive in the long run.

solarsanteria 15

A menstrual cup??? That's a thing? o.o

CountedTo10 9

#81 - you can wear it up to 12 hours but sometimes you have to wear it less if you have a heavy flow

CountedTo10 9

yeah there's a brand (might be RubyCup not sure) that donates a cup for every one bought to girls in the developing world :)

SheepShoop_fml 20

Cups are a godsend. So many benefits. Always best to shop around, but I like that Sckoon has different sizes (and colors). Would recommend to all period havers.

CountedTo10 9

Yeah I'm using a yuuki cup but that was after I looked around. There's a girl on YouTube "Precious Stars Pads" and she has plenty of information about period related health and products :)

Why does he know (or care) what size tampons you use? I've been married for 13 years and my husband has no clue about brand or size of my feminine plumbing products. I prefer to keep a bit of mystery alive.

And this is why men know nothing, yet get shat on for not knowing anything ?

So you reply in one comment the contradict yourself in another? Make up your mind woman... I mean man.

Just like you probably know what size condom he uses... I'm sure you don't keep your tampons under lock and key (and if you do that's ******* weird) so more than likely he's probably seen them around. I get the whole 'mystery' thing but it's one thing to see you put them in and another to know you use them.

There's a big difference between plain old ignorance of women's products and accusing your gf of cheating due to her product selection. If he doesn't understand the meaning, he should not jump to erroneous conclusions.

I would have no idea what size condom he wears. Until this moment, I had no idea there were sizes for condoms. Lol! I don't keep anything under lock and key, but my husband doesn't study the packaging or inspect my tampons. Seeing them under the sink is one thing, but memorizing them is another.

#47 I might sound like an asshole, but how can you not know there are different sizes of condoms? Especially when you've been married for 13 years, meaning you're old enough to know about that stuff.

#47 Fairly sure condoms don't have sizes everywhere. Never seen sized ones in England

I find it kind of stupid that people don't want men to know about periods. What about if you have a daughter and you can't be contacted? Make a freakin diaper? It's sooo much easier if they are knowledgable out it, and if they are mature they won't flip out over it.

Also how can there not be different condom sizes? I am fairly certain any adult, probably even teenager, knows there are penis of different sizes...

#83- After 13 years of marriage and three children, we have no need for condoms. I have never purchased condoms, thus I had no clue about sizes. It makes sense there would be sizes, but I've never even thought about it before since I have no need for them. Old enough to know, but never needed them.

Men can understand anything easily. However the things we best understand are the things that no one ever explains to us /s

burnieblue 2

It's not your fault you have a heavy flow and a wide set ******. #MeanGirls

annie_zoo 27

come on now, don't be the ignorant dick.

Best thing I've found when I broke my nose. Shoved a tampon up there until it finally stopped bleeding. Quite interesting story

movies like "Blended" don't help either. Virgin daughter uses the minis and woman behind counter says she needs to strap 6 together....

katydid91 31

They actually do use over sized tampon like objects in emergency rooms to stop nose bleeds. My sister had a massive nosebleed one day at work and that's what they used to pack her nose. They're called Rino Rockets.