Backseat drivers

By SadSister:( - 11/01/2015 00:15 - United States

Today, I was in the car with my 4-year-old sister and our puppy. Suddenly, she blurted out from the backseat, "I don't love you anymore." Shocked, I asked her to repeat herself. She looked me straight in the eye and said, "The puppy doesn't love you either." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 978
You deserved it 3 050

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's scary how she already knows what will hurt you.

nataliewby 25

Bringing the puppy into it? Harsh.

Comments

Birdbath123 16

Hopefully she doesn't realize the impact of the words she speaks now, I usually hear that stuff from an upset teen girl. Not a 4 year old.

ThatLobster 24

Just think OP. Another embarrassing story to tell on her 16th !! Revenge ;)

Kids don't realize that what they say can really hurt someone. The kid may be 4 but OP is NOT. She may very well have taken it to heart and invalidating her hurt just because the kid is only 4 is very insensitive. Hope you explain to her WHY what she said was wrong!

Sounds like puppy is going to find a new home.

The puppy B all like: "Leave me out of your issues, human." and "infin8 <3 4-ever!"

Yes, I imagine all puppies as 15-YO girls with an MDMA IV drip, why do you ask?

Don't worry too much about it, OP. It may hurt now, but you have to remember that she's only four. Small children say all kinds of things they don't mean. They don't have a filter. She was probably just upset over something silly and wanted to make you feel bad. She'll get over it and love you again. Besides, dogs love unconditionally. So the puppy probably loves you, no matter what your little sis says. ;)

bleedingglitter 24

I definitely would have taken the puppy and put it in my lap. They always want to be in the front seat for some reason anyways.