Are you kidding me?

By The nice guy finishing Last - 27/03/2017 12:00

Today, my mom talked me into going to a funeral since my dad wouldn't go. It was for one of her classmates. When it was our time to view the casket, we paused in front of it for a second before my mom leans over to me and says, "What if I told you that was really your dad?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 161
You deserved it 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's honestly messed up that your mom told you AFTER he died. If it is true, I'm sorry OP. Sincerest condolences from me.

Comments

Get some DNA from him before they stick him in the ground. If he's your dad, you are a rightful heir and stand to inherit part of his estate.

LevelupKid 8

Well I guess that's why she wanted you to go. especially without your dad

I'd say blood doesn't make you a father or mother, biologically yes, emotionally no. What makes you a parent is if they love you, raised you, care about you, and been there for you throughout the years. I understand that it's painful never meeting your biological father but you still have a dad.

I don't think that's the point. It doesn't say if anyone even knew. The guy might not have known. The mom could have been lying to everyone. And it doesn't say they're upset about not having a father. They'd probably like to possibly have gotten to know their biological one. They might only be raised by someone else because their mom never told anyone.

That sounds so horrible! I am so sorry for your loss and your mom's intellect!..What a messed up "protective mother" policy she has going on!

randybryant799 20

was she kidding or was she serious?