By Ferniferousfern - 06/03/2019 16:00

Today, my boyfriend of several years outright refuses to come to my best friend's wedding, on the grounds he'll be "bored". FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 197
You deserved it 433

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, he's not wrong. Weddings are typically incredibly ******* boring.

I'm curious as to how you managed to get from OP's boyfriend not wanting to attend their best friends wedding to OP's boyfriend not wanting to be with them, relationship-wise.

Comments

Well, he's not wrong. Weddings are typically incredibly ******* boring.

Sounds like he’s not going to be marrying you anytime soon. He’ll need to suffer through your friend’s tedious wedding to oblige her to endure your boring, piece of crap nuptials.

bloopaloop 27

Hate to say it, but I think he doesn't want to be with you.

I'm curious as to how you managed to get from OP's boyfriend not wanting to attend their best friends wedding to OP's boyfriend not wanting to be with them, relationship-wise.

He might just be afraid of being there when you catch the bouquet

Aphrodite 20

Could be because he just doesn’t like your friend.

In his defense, it's your best friend. He has no obligation to attend her wedding. They are boring, and so who can blame him? If the shoe was on the other foot and his homie was getting married, you wouldn't wanna go either. Only to party after.

Weddings take too long, and are unnecessary to show you love someone else. People only go to weddings because it usually provides another excuse to get drunk. And kids only go because they're forced.

I think you should look at it as he told you the truth, not trying to makeup reasons he’s unable to attend

If it's important to you, that should be what's important